windsor castle parking .

davey

hi could anyone please tell me the best place to park a motorhome to visit windsor castle.

Ihave tried legoland park and ride but on the website it says a hieght limit of 9.1inches my motor is 10.3high

The only other possible place is the coach park if they would allow it .

Iam also looking for a site close to that erea for 2 days in may

Being fairley new to motorhoming 2 years i thaught i would pick the brains of you more experianced campers .

Hope this post is ok it is my first attempt .

davey.

Davey Hi

Parking:

Try phoning or e-mailing Windsor & Maidenhead council. 01628 683 800

or online

http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/web/parking_index.htm

Camping:

Could try this lot, just 6 miles from the castle - I know the area, but have no idea what the camping is like.

http://www.amerdencaravanpark.webs.com/

Just be aware that this area has been badly flooded in recent weeks so suggest you phone them to see if you need a boat to get to them!

Good luck

Hi Davey and welcome

If you are in the Caravan Club,there is a bus from the Wyatts Covert site to Windsor.

It only runs on a Saturday, but the bus stop is right outside the site office.Drops you outside the Castle.

When we went couple of months ago, I had a walk down by the river.In the railway station carpark just below the castle I saw a biggish C/B motorhome and a number of panelvans(not motorhomes) .It looked a bit tight but there was room.

All the best

HWO

Park in the coach park, but park by the attendants hut. I spoke to the attendant and they directed me to buy the ticket from the car machine so as not to pay the coach prices. The coaches tend to park up the other end so you keep away from them as well.

Hello Davey.

At the end of Alma Rd is the coach station, stayed here three times. As you enter the coach station turn left at the attendents office. Pick your spot, pay at the machine for twenty four hours, from memory about seven to eight quid. Job done. Had no problems at night. Several 'MHs' including foreign stayed with us. About ten minutes walk through park or river to the castle. Plenty of eateries and pubs, best value 'Wetherspoons' next to the castle.

Have a good time.

Harry.

davey - 2014-03-01 4:10 PM

hi could anyone please tell me the best place to park a motorhome to visit windsor castle.

Ihave tried legoland park and ride but on the website it says a hieght limit of 9.1inches my motor is 10.3high

davey.

Davey, please forgive me if I am barking up the wrong tree, but what with your reference to LEGOLAND followed by your motorhome being 10.3 inches high, you're not one of these troll chappies, are you?

Not to mention what could well be some deliberit speling misteaks, often a bit of a giveaway in trying to tempt genuine posters into apoplectically correcting replies.

The trolls have been all over here like a rash just recently, so extreme caution is our watchword (!)

If you are indeed genuine, once again I apologise. I regret I know nothing of parking at Windsor Castle.

Regards,

hi and a big thank you to everyone who answered my posting.

At the moment i am waiting for a reply of the RBWM Parking department just to be certain i wont be turned away.

Amerdem caravan park looks to be ok i will be booking that site for sunday and monday after the newbury

show on our way to crystal palace for a short 4 day sightseeing visit to london.

chris you did get hold of the wrong end of the stick but what may have confused you is that i put the hight of my motor as 10.3inches and not 10 foot 3 inches it is a bessaccar e765sand the barier hight at legoland park and ride to windsor is 9 foot 1 inch.

if you do read this can you tell me what a troll is.

once again thank you all for taking the trouble to answer.

davey.

• 1 year later...
Alexander Park car park has no height restrictors and some decent sized spaces with grass behind for overhanging vehicle. Costs reasonable - in fact free yesterday when I found it! Follow signs for the Coach Park and turn left just before you reach it - both car parks are signed.

There is no restriction on height at legoland park and ride, the parking is opposite the Hotel. When we have parked there to go up to London on the bus the car park has never been full, but it may be different in the su mmer months. There was no restriction a couple of weeks ago. The bus to London is very frequent and bus passes can be used, if anyone interested.

Archived