side panels for awning

Guest JudgeMental

Hi Den, really wanted just windproof side and end walls and as light as poss. Had to throw my Omnistor SR away as too heavy and no takers. Needs to brave the spanish winter winds, Lillypad mesh too light. What make and height is yours? our new van is so high it needs the 'L' versions.

Saw this chaps stall at Lincoln show with just what I want but lost his phone number, North Leeds (LS14) I seem to remember if anyone can help. Best Regards

Another vote for the lily pad blockers here.

We have one of those safari room things for our Omnistore windout, but it's such a huge and heavy piece of kit that it's relegated to festival use only.

We are quite weight conscious with our demountable and a set of wind blockers do most of what we need abroad and fit in a tiny bag weighing less than a kilo.

Tie down kit came from a car boot sale for a couple quid and we back it up with a couple of Lidl ratchet straps- they are multi purpose bits of our travelling kit.

I have a side and front windblocker in a greyish/blue colour and sprung rafter pole for Omnistore blind going cheap (say £20 plus postage) when the rafter pole alone costs around £30. If anyone is interested PM me.

Also I have a further rafter pole to sell as these poles help stabilise the awning in high winds. Now given up motorhoming is the reason for sale.

Bengie - 2014-11-06 7:59 PM

Thanks all, Mike88 do you have the side wall height to hand?

Not immediately to hand but the side panel is only suitable for a panel van and the sprung pole only suitable for an Omnistor awning as the ends fit into a fitment in that awning. If you have a panel van and Omnistor awning I'll measure it for you.

This is the side panel here. Doesn't look that great but it is very effective:

http://www.mysunshade.co.uk/

New User

PROFILE PM

Hi, I noticed a clear PVC front/side panel supplier at the Lincoln MH Show this year. He was based Nth Leeds and was very helpful, trouble is can't find his details, any clues out there?

I think the one you are looking for is Parrotsol but sorry I have not got contact numbers.

Great thread for me as I have been looking at this very item while waiting for my AT Tracker to arrive (now late Jan). I have spent a lot of time in caravan parks(CVP) looking at this and other items. The wind blocker looks very interesting but I can not find it on any websites here. I will check with the manuf in UK. I have attached an example of what is very common here and seems to work well in windy locations along the east coast where we will be spending a lot of time. Interested on any experiences you guys have with this type of side curtin.

http://www.campsmart.net.au/caravan-end-wall-privacy-screen

Hi, yes that name seems to ring a bell, back on the hunt. Warners will help if i have the name you are a gem thanks. By the way, our as new KAMPA 390 Pro which was brill but now too short is available if anyone is interested. Thanks again.

We made our present own side awnings out of an old awning, at no cost. But previously had side windblockers on a previous van, and found them great. But on both set ups we used a Fiamma end blocker for the front, which both helps as a wind strap and is fairly cheap. Wouldn't go for a full safari room, as they are expensive, heavy, and time consuming to erect. Only worth putting up when you are staying in one location for a long time, which we rarely do.

Hi Bengie

Sorry for the delay, it's an omnistor safari room 4.5 mtr long and fits our old MH ( now for sale at Hayes, LeVoyageur 850 manual) 3850 tall. It's pretty well perfect and a steal for £75 complete with unused curtains. Wine colour.

OOps, sorry all for delay. Hadn't noticed there were more pages, told you I was a beginner! Anyhow this is where we are at, yes it is Parrotsol and contact is remade so thanks all for that.

Meanwhile someone offered us a 'couldn't refuse' bargain so we're all set on the side panel score.

So just the 'used twice' Kampa Rally Pro 390 (standard height) to advertise now, pity it's too short for the new van, it was brill. By the way, priced up having it extended but changing door zips as well would be prohibitive.

Thanks again all.

Archived