This Internet Fiasco

Will86

As an ancient (and very wise) member of society I'm of the opinion that this Internet fiasco is the greatest con of all time to persuade (nay force!) people to divulge their secrets thus allowing criminals to enter the scene who ...

Are able to extract money from individuals by devious and subversive means.

Great bargains can be had is often advertised but in reality all this means is that its now easier to spend what you had so in fact there is no saving and very little remains of the original.

Whoever one talks to its all about the costs and complaints of the system which all adds up to a loss overall.

True, that society must spend in order to progress. But what it does do is encourage greater theft but in a different form.

A way of distributing wealth by the back door perhaps, is the way of the future, join it at your peril !

Guest peter

Perhaps he's having a bad day. :D

After all what would he do with himself if it were not for the internet he so seems to now despise.?

Peter,

Be assured I have lots to do ... its that the Internet is a curse on mankind ... I did have a large screen TV until I decided it was controlling me so I binned it.

I'm just not one to be controlled, due I suppose because I lived 72 years without any interference from anyone just doing my own thing then along comes this magical system that's bounced off satellite's into out houses, and it is magical don't get me wrong its fine for some but I'm not for controlling.

And that what it is, like TV it controls people and I refuse to play.

So what will I do. I'm making a batch of antique oil lamps and have already started a child size gypsy caravan, they will take me 5 more years, and Mrs H now takes more time now with often 3 meals in bed then there's all t .................. but you don't want to here that

Will85 - 2014-03-02 5:56 PM

Be assured I have lots to do ... its that the Internet is a curse on mankind ... I did have a large screen TV until I decided it was controlling me so I binned it.

I'm just not one to be controlled, due I suppose because I lived 72 years without any interference from anyone just doing my own thing then along comes this magical system that's bounced off satellite's into out houses, and it is magical don't get me wrong its fine for some but I'm not for controlling.

So what will I do. I'm making a batch of antique oil lamps and have already started a child size gypsy caravan, they will take me 5 more years, and Mrs H now takes more time now with often 3 meals in bed then there's all t .................. but you don't want to here that

Some interesting points raised here Will.

You will only be controlled by something if you are unable to walk away at any point - like choosing to take the dog for a walk in the middle of a programme that you usually enjoy - or easily able to switch the TV off when a visitor arrives for a natter - or going out in the garage to tinker when the mood takes - or just quietly reading a book (or kindle!!) instead of watching TV or sitting at the computer?

TV, like the computer and internet, is your servant not your master and as with all good servants you only need keep them in their place to serve you not fire them!

Can you be sure that you are not now being controlled by your urge not to be controlled?

Could it be considered to be being controlled to a certain degree by anything that one regularly spends time doing - like making lamps or a gypsy caravan perchance?

Or holidaying in a motorhome even?

I'm off to watch Top Gear - catch you later!!

Will85 - 2014-03-02 5:56 PMPeter,Be assured I have lots to do ... its that the Internet is a curse on mankind ... I did have a large screen TV until I decided it was controlling me so I binned it.I'm just not one to be controlled, due I suppose because I lived 72 years without any interference from anyone just doing my own thing then along comes this magical system that's bounced off satellite's into out houses, and it is magical don't get me wrong its fine for some but I'm not for controlling.And that what it is, like TV it controls people and I refuse to play.So what will I do. I'm making a batch of antique oil lamps and have already started a child size gypsy caravan, they will take me 5 more years, and Mrs H now takes more time now with often 3 meals in bed then there's all t .................. but you don't want to here that

Can't have been that much of a 'large' screen if it fit in the bin.......... :-D

Guest pelmetman

Nowt wrong with the tinternet ;-).....................

Google is the memory I never had B-)...........

You can start a fight and not get hurt.... physically...........although ego's can be seriously bruised 8-)......

Its virtual entertainment that is virtually free :D.......

pelmetman - 2014-03-03 8:16 AM

You can start a fight and not get hurt.... physically...........although ego's can be seriously bruised 8-)......

You call this entertainment do you? ....... Hmmm?

Guest pelmetman
laimeduck - 2014-03-03 11:32 AM

pelmetman - 2014-03-03 8:16 AM

You call this entertainment do you? ....... Hmmm?

I'm easy to please ;-)..................

Guest pelmetman
clifford60 - 2014-03-03 6:00 PM

could i just make an observation on pelmetman's use of the yorkshire dialect. i believe he was trying to say there's nowt wrong wi internet. if tha's baan t use mi dialect tha c'n at leeast get it reyt.

'ood theur adam 'n eve it....i wor usin cockney Yorksha as spoken ont' isle o' dogs.... :-S

Guest pelmetman

T' mutheur tongue o' t' english, as spoken by noreur batty 'n t' queen, needs propa protection li' gaelic 'n those otha lingo's.

Vote ukip :D...........

Tracker - 2014-03-02 7:51 PM

Will85 - 2014-03-02 5:56 PM

Some interesting points raised here Will.

You will only be controlled by something if you are unable to walk away at any point - like choosing to take the dog for a walk in the middle of a programme that you usually enjoy - or easily able to switch the TV off when a visitor arrives for a natter - or going out in the garage to tinker when the mood takes - or just quietly reading a book (or kindle!!) instead of watching TV or sitting at the computer?

TV, like the computer and internet, is your servant not your master and as with all good servants you only need keep them in their place to serve you not fire them!

Can you be sure that you are not now being controlled by your urge not to be controlled?

Could it be considered to be being controlled to a certain degree by anything that one regularly spends time doing - like making lamps or a gypsy caravan perchance?

Or holidaying in a motorhome even?

I'm off to watch Top Gear - catch you later!!

Still watching Top Gear Tracker I'm sorry to that but you can get professional help for the condition. Actually I must confess I still watch it even though after each show I declare it's not worth watching. It's like some horrible fascinating addiction. One just becomes convinced that the next show will be better. At least I do not record it and watch later so that I can cut out the Star in a reasonably priced car bit.

Archived