Help removing locking barrel from Hymer door

david1949

Before i take my motorhome to a hymer dealer or order a new locking barrel from Hymer could someone on the forum please tell me how i can remove the locking barrel from the habitation door lock on my Hymer Silverline 562 please. I can put photo on here if that helps but it looks the same as all motorhome habitation door barrel locks i have tried 2 locksmiths but they can't help as i need to order the barrel from Hymer so it,s matches the key number but as above i need to get the old barrel out first of it,s a trip to a HYmer dealer and that going to cost more in labour than the locking barrel.

Not sure if this will help but I think the water cap uses the same lock barrel you could have a practice on that, We had a water cap replaced under warranty only took the dealer a few minutes. I'm fairly certain you can not remove the barrel unless the key is in it.

Lenny not so sure about same barrell on water cap it isn't on my Hymer. It is however the same barrell as the outside lockers.

Man who does know is Pete Hambilton on 01772315078. If you need a new barrell he can order for you.

Docted

docted - 2014-03-04 5:58 PM

Lenny not so sure about same barrell on water cap it isn't on my Hymer. It is however the same barrell as the outside lockers.

Man who does know is Pete Hambilton on 01772315078. If you need a new barrell he can order for you.

Docted

Thank,s ill give Peter Hambilton a call in the morning i thought someone on the forum would have done this job on there motorhome lock

From memory of my previous 2 Hymers, removing this lock barrel is really simple. You have to push the key in the lock barrel, and instead of turning the key in the direction you would to open the lock, you turn it in the opposite direction as far as you can and then keeping it turned you pull it out towards you. If this does not work it may be because of some corrosion so inject a liberal amount of Lusol or similar lubricant and try again after a few minutes. Hope this works for you. If not I have found Peter Hambilton very helpful also, and he gave me invaluable telephone advice many years ago!! :-S

Archived