farage v clegg

clifford60

clifford60 - 2014-03-05 3:18 PM

hi all, anyone out there looking forward to their debate. if so, what do you think the outcome will be.

That they won't agree on much! Their respective constituencies (in the broad, party, sense) are too divergent.

I expect Farage to emerge the winner on points, because he sees things in simple terms, and has a sharp mind. Clegg knows things are more complex than Farage pretends, but I don't think he will be able to communicate that with such clarity.

It isn't the most interesting potential contest, though, I'd prefer to see Farage versus Cameron. That might be real fun - in a masochistic kind of way! :-D

Fair play to Clegg for agreeing to the debate. I think we should remember just how effective Clegg was in the debates with Cameron and Milliban.

Farage needs to lose the "personality" that both the Left and Right wing press try to give him.

It will be fascinating to see him in action against Clegg, who if he repeats the form he was on in the previous election debates, will be quite an act to follow or keep pace with.

I suspect the coaching that Farage is now undergoing is extensive - he and his emergent party will know just how big the stakes are.

It should be good.

It would be more interesting if it was Clegg from Last of the Summer Wine.  :-D

But hey.......Clegg has a lot of difficulty in gaining agreement or general acceptance of his stance during his radio phone in so I suspect he will get badly mauled by Farage in the eyes of the public.  Farage speaks in terms that people, real people in the street can relate to whereas Clegg is too much in the 'public schoolboy trying to please mould'........and failing spectacularly.

Whatever the outcome I feel it is going to be very entertaining......I really don't see how Farage can lose.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-03-05 4:50 PM

I expect Farage to emerge the winner on points, because he sees things in simple terms, and has a sharp mind. Clegg knows things are more complex than Farage pretends, but I don't think he will be able to communicate that with such clarity.

Which neatly sums up why the EU will never work Brian ;-)................Its just tooooooo complex that it can never be made to work *-) ................how many times before have Europeans tried empire building?.................. its doomed to failure :-|......

Farage has the advantage of being able to say whatever he likes because he's never likely to be in government.

Clegg, on the other hand, has already made that mistake once ( student fees ) so is likely to be much more careful.

( p.s I just wonder if either of them will mention " hard working families " - or is it only Dave that cares about them ? )

:-D

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-03-06 7:44 PM

Farage has the advantage of being able to say whatever he likes because he's never likely to be in government.

Oh ye of little faith :D....................

Cleggy is in government ;-)..................and he's trailing behind UKIP in the poll's :-D............our Nige could be the next king maker B-)

Brian Kirby - 2014-03-06 6:25 PM
RogerC - 2014-03-05 10:44 PM................ real people in the street can relate to ..............
Ah, that explains why all the people I meet in pubs seem to be holograms! :-D

I should have seen that one coming.........what I 'really' meant was those who have experience of living in a less/much less lavish lifestyle than those who know neither the price or value of very much...........them wot's a bit more straight speaking.

What I find so sad is that we, the general public think, about politics and government as being concerned with the running of our country for the benefit of us, the people, whereas I suspect that politicians are most likely to be motivated by more personal things like wealth, fame, the approval of their peers, and the realisation of not always well thought through aspirations, but mostly personal wealth.

AGD

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2014-03-12 2:41 PM

Farrago doesn't deserve a public debate with real politicians (such as the Deputy Prime Minister) when his organisation still doesn't know what to do about the likes of Neil Hamilton...........see here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26394979

Colin.

At least he was only caught asking questions for cash ;-)..................I wonder what these Labour worthies were planning? 8-)..................

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/28/patricia-hewitt-age-of-consent

Sadly Dave - some can only point out the wood in others eyes whilst ignoring the plank in their own *-)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/404575/Labour-suspends-two-peers-in-cash-for-questions-scandal

Is it in their "DNA" - ??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/10462871/Its-no-coincidence-the-MPs-found-guilty-of-fiddling-are-all-Labour.html

Not sure - but certainly those that try to make out the Left is somehow occupying a higher moral ground have their heads somewhere warm and moist such that their vision of the real world is severely limited.

Laughable..................

Guest pelmetman

The thing is Clive............ voting for the usual twosome has done very little for progressing UK politics *-)...............all that's happened for decades is that we have passed the ball from one bunch of idiots to another :-S...........

Time for a bombshell methinks >:-)...............

Archived