Campingaz 907 904

alan

Hi all

Need your help again

When I had a bigger van we used refillable cylinders and have now downsized we now use probably the most expensive gas in the world camping gas could anybody me what the prices are of 907 904 in French supermarkets at the present moment thank you :-D :-D

Alan (lol)

Guest JudgeMental
some design, how about fitting an external refillable tank, back in the day or Westfalia T3 had one as standard.....so much for progress :-S

alan - 2014-03-07 3:29 PM

Hi all

Need your help again

When I had a bigger van we used refillable cylinders and have now downsized we now use probably the most expensive gas in the world camping gas could anybody me what the prices are of 907 904 in French supermarkets at the present moment thank you :-D :-D

Alan (lol)

The current price for obtaining a full Campingaz 907 or 904 canister in France on a 'outright buy' basis (ie. without exchanging a bottle) is about 59€ or 52€ respectively.

Bilbos's website says about the Nexa model that its gas-locker

"...will carry two Camping Gaz 907 cylinders, one Calor Propane 3.9kg cylinder or one Calor Butane 4.5 kg cylinder, all at 30Mbar."

so it MIGHT be possible to squeeze one of the smaller French bottles in.

http://www.acqualys.fr/page/petite-bouteille-de-gaz-prix-poids-taille-avantages-inconvenients

If this were practicable and you planned to be in France a lot, this approach could be financially worthwhile and you might well find that bottle-exchange was easier than with Campingaz containers.

paulmold - 2014-03-07 4:18 PM

If you have room to carry extra cylinders I have 3 full 907's which you could buy at a fraction of normal refill cost. You're in Shropshire so may be not too far from me in Mold.

Paul

I will send you P M

Alan

Alan, there is a company that has fitted an external gas tank to a VW T5, it is mounted just in front of the spare wheel at the centre of the chassis. I cannot remember exactly who they are but I have seen them twice at the Autumn NEC show selling Propex heaters.

I would have fitted one myself but I prefer to use the 'Autosleepers' type of water tank which takes up that space. Hence I am lumbered with the expensive 907 costs and do like you are suggesting, buy in Europe when ever possible.

I'm also in Shropshire and run a LWB T5 high roof self build. Just in the process of building another!

Guest Peter James

I got a few 907 cylinders from the local council recycling centre for £3 each (unoficially) ;-)

and fill them from a propane bottle - far cheaper, and I find propane burns better.

You just need to be sure you do not overfill the cylinder - leave an expansion space in the top.

Peter James - 2014-03-08 5:38 PM

I got a few 907 cylinders from the local council recycling centre for £3 each (unoficially) ;-)

and fill them from a propane bottle - far cheaper, and I find propane burns better.

You just need to be sure you do not overfill the cylinder - leave an expansion space in the top.

There's a long 2011 forum thread discussing this

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Gas-cylinder-refilling/25421/

Archived