Whale SH2002 Space Heater

grahamw

Have a Whale SH2002 Space Heater which has failed to function correctly. In normal electric operation it has options for heat delivery at 500w, 1000w and 2000w. It only supplies heat when set at 2000w so I assume it maybe has a couple of electric elements and one has failed. The main PCB has two sets of heat resistant sleeved wires which I assume supply the electric elements and testing both these for continuity shows that one is indeed an open circuit. Can't find any detailed information on the elements fitted or a parts list. Has anyone got any knowledge of this and who might stock such parts.

Ninian - 2014-03-09 2:19 PM

Hi, You could try contacting Whale direct on 02891 270531 for advice. OR

Whale,

Old Belfast Road,

Bangor BT19 1LT.

Thanks for that. Have emailed for information but nothing supplied other than a contact number to arrange for an engineer's visit. Need to know that I'm making an informed decision before I go down that route.

This .pdf file relates to a Whale SH4312B heater

http://www.rvsupplies.co.nz/files/product_attachments/1207/rvd404kwinstallation.pdf

Although differing from our SH2002 appliance, it does have the 500W/1000W/2000W 230V capability and quite likely uses similar technology. The Components Drawing on Page 4 of the file shows "Cartridge elements" within an "Element heat exchanger", so your assumption that your heater has "a couple of electric elements" is probably correct.

A GOOGLE-search on "Whale SH2002" retrieves a few potential suppliers of spares.

Archived