Dubrovnic

Nick54

We will be in Dubrovnik in late May staying at Camping Solitudo and have read about the dubrovnic card and wondered if it was worth buying.

Does anyone know what area the free public transport covers with the card.- eg as far as Cavtat

Is it easy to get to the old town from the campsite

Nick54 - 2014-03-10 12:40 PM

We will be in Dubrovnik in late May staying at Camping Solitudo and have read about the dubrovnic card and wondered if it was worth buying.

Does anyone know what area the free public transport covers with the card.- eg as far as Cavtat

Is it easy to get to the old town from the campsite

Have you looked at dubrovnikcard.com?

Guest Had Enough

I don't know about the Dubrovnik card but what I do know is that the shop at this campsite sells bus tickets, which are essential for the buses, I don't think they take cash. The tickets are very cheap and the bus stop is a couple of hundred yards away from the site.

The bus terminates at the entrance into the old town. It couldn't be simpler. I would allow one day for the town and another day to walk the walls, which is a must. It can be very hot and you could do the lot in one day but two days is more leisurely.

One tip - the restaurants in the town are typical of such hot-spot tourist locations in that they're very expensive. Just as you get off the bus there's a superb food kiosk that sells sandwiches, pizzas and a wide variety of take-away food and next door is a small square with seating. We bought a very nice lunch there two days running and enjoyed eating it in the open air on a bench in the little square.

Archived