New centres for my Hymer alloy wheels

david1949

I needed 2 new gray centres for my Hymer alloy wheels that was fitted to my hymer when bought new.

As i live in N Ireland i asked a Hymer dealer in the south of ireland if he could order them from Hymer for me please. After 3 days he rang me back and said Mr Chambers i hope you are sitting down the price for your 2 replacement centres for your Hymer alloy wheels is £160 i could not believe the price. i can buy 4 new Ford alloys for £189 so it looks like i going to fit Ford alloy wheels now.

P1130282.JPG.73e8a0436dccdaf425116b70cc2407d8.JPG

I would be amazed if those wheel centres are Hymer specific, MH manufacturers won''t want the expense of tooling for those.

Start googling other MH wheels (images) or contact a German Hymer dealer.

I bet those centres appear somewhere else as a generic wheel embellishment - maybe in silver but it'll be cheap enough to paint them and get a sticker company to make up a set of logos.

I've got some old tatty Fiat Hymer ones (had them replaced under warranty) would need to see a photo of rear side of cap and some dimensions. If any good you can have them for cost of P&P, they are chrome /silver plating has corroded can easily be sprayed.

The price you mention for new ford alloys at that price I would be surprised if they are suitable for the weight loading of a van.

Edit:

Just found an old pic.

HubCap.jpg.2dc88f4f58d3297970c90376cbeafde6.jpg

lennyhb - 2014-03-12 2:22 PM

I've got some old tatty Fiat Hymer ones (had them replaced under warranty) would need to see a photo of rear side of cap and some dimensions. If any good you can have them for cost of P&P, they are chrome /silver plating has corroded can easily be sprayed.

The price you mention for new ford alloys at that price I would be surprised if they are suitable for the weight loading of a van.

Edit:

Just found an old pic.

Thank,s for your offer lennyhb i have sent you a P M

I recall that this was discussed in late-2010

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Need-help-to-fine-alloy-wheels-manufacturer/21934/

when a wheel-centre price of £38.75 was given and lennyhb included front-and-rear photos of his Hymer centres.

(I presume that the £189 price quoted for new Ford alloy wheels is per-wheel, not for a set of four, as buying four new 'look-alike' 16" Transit-suitable STEEL wheels is likely to cost at least £200.)

Archived