Peugeot noise

chas

Hi all- I have a 2litre peugeot turbo boxer coachbuilt with 6000 on the clock 18months old still under warranty and have started to hear a noise when turning right going round bends, and to a lesser degree on left turns. This only seems to occure after about 1-2hours driving or around say 100 miles. The noise is very difficult to describe, but can only be described as a high growling sound, but not too loud. Anyone have a clue what it may be, I know if I take it into the Peugeot dealer they will not hear it with just a short run around the block. The motorhome runs a treat otherwise, but if I had a clue on where to tell them to look, it may perhaps help them. Thanks for any help, Chas

i'd go with power steering pump too,is the fluid level ok ? on my boxer i have a noise on left turns,it sounds as if weight transfer makes the front engine mount creak,anyone noticed the same & have any solution ? don't want to waste money on new parts. sorry,i've highjacked your thread.

OK, I give in!  But take it back to the dealer anyway, and get it looked at.  It's under warranty, so even if they can't find the problem, it's presence will be recorded on their system.  That should stand you in good stead if whatever it is doesn't actually fail until just after that warranty has expired!  They do, you know!

Thanks everyone, yes I will be taking it in for them to check over, its one of those annoying faults that does not show itself when needed to, you never know it may be well known by the Peugeot garages, with another 18months left of warranty I will be keeping a close eye and ear out. Regards Chas

Hi Chas, perhaps you could take it for a two hour round trip just before visiting the dealers to improve the chances of it occurring? It's just as frustrating from the other side of the coin you know. Customer comes in with an occasional or intermittent fault but it won't happen in the workshop. The mechanic/electrician (or whatever) can spend untold time searching for something but if it won't show itself it often can't be fixed without resorting to trial and error. D.

Archived