Visiting Madrid

ALAN G

We hope to get away soon after Easter and head towards Madrid.

I see the two campsites closest to Madrid are OSUNA Cat 2 to the east and ALPHA Cat 2 to the south.

Both claim to have public transport within 0.1 km.

Has anyone stayed on these sites? And is the public transport good enough to make an easy trip to the centre of Madrid?

Hi Alan

We have no experience about either of these sites but can tell you there is a super site at Aranjuez some 25 mile south of Madrid and which is about 40 minutes by train to central Madrid. It is in ACSI and the town itself is well worth a couple of days to see the Royal Palace and other places.

Bob

Bojitoes - 2014-03-18 1:16 PM

Hi Alan

We have no experience about either of these sites but can tell you there is a super site at Aranjuez some 25 mile south of Madrid and which is about 40 minutes by train to central Madrid. It is in ACSI and the town itself is well worth a couple of days to see the Royal Palace and other places.

Bob

It's a great site situated on the edge of the Palace grounds. It's about 25 minutes brisk walk to the station or 20 minutes to the bus stop. It's a pleasant walk through the grounds. I stay at this site a couple of times a year on my way south but haven't been into Madrid but I did ask about it at the Tourist Office and was told the trains and buses were frequent.

We can also recommend the ACSI site at Aranjuez. We stayed there last year, does have some weekenders, so better in the week.

as has been said, a good site, easy walk to the town, (and I can't walk far) Well worth a visit. The Spainish equivalent of Versailles Plenty of buses, , Don't know about transport to Madrid, but , should be no problem. Lovely gardens and park, for walking/cycling Palace well worth a visit as well.

Madrid a lovely place.

We may go back this year, and go to Madrid from there, ourselves.

PJay

Yes, the site at Aranjuez is really great. We spent 4 nights there in 2012. Very easy access to the town and the extensive and elaborate gardens. The Palace (free entry to pensioners/Jumilados on Wednesday afternoons) has styles of decoration that are overwhelming with each room being exquisitely and violently different.

However, we timed a trip to Madrid and found that it took us 30 minutes of fast walking to even reach the station. Then, 40 to 45 minutes on the train and we would have lost at least two and a half hours of the day in unproductive travel. That's why we are looking for somewhere with easier access.

Many thanks for your comments, and I can really recommend Aranjuez but not for travelling to Madrid.

Archived