Small gas grill

hallii

I have looked and read a lot, the Cadec mini is the nearest thing I have seen to fit the bill. It still seems a bit big for us though.

We want something that will connect to the B-B-Q gas point so low pressure, no "coals" as they get all over the place, and small, there are only two of us and I am a vegetarian so it just for the odd veggie burger and a bit of steak (if I allow it on my grill >:-( ).

Any ideas?

H

Hi

By "grill" do you mean "griddle"..?

Campingaz do some a small "party grill" and some fold-up,"carryable" stove/griddle things..but I've no idea if any of them are usable via a LP bbq point?...Worth a look?

If it is just a griddle you want, we switched from using a gas bbq, to just using a non-stick *griddle pan on a simple twin gas hob...(*You could have one pan for veggies..and one for carnivores?...)

Okay, maybe not as good as a proper bbq but far easier to clean and therefore overall, a far better "user experience"... ;-)

We have had various BBQs over the years, charcoal and gas, lava rock type, Cadacs and the 'other make' too (can't remember the name at present!), however we now use a Marksman 3 in 1 BBQ / grill / stove and a 'suitcase' stove too, both of which use the aerosol type gas canisters (cheap - £4 for 4 from our local market - and easy to get virtually anywhere). Depending on what and how we want to cook we can use either, or both: we'll often just use the stove with a griddle pan put which can easily be cleaned afterwards and also be used indoors on the hob if we want. The stove also doubles up to boil the kettle when we are waiting for the ferry/Eurotunnel crossing so we can have a cuppa (as the gas would have been turned off in the camper). The Marksman grill has the standard type of bbq grid on it so more akin to a BBQ, it can also double as a stove too if needs be but obviously uses more gas with the 'long' burner than the standard circular stove one, but it does mean that if you have a fair bit to cook you get a larger heated surface. As they have plastic 'suitcases' any grease etc that may be left on them is prevented from getting on other things and can act as wind shields too! If you wanted a larger grill area you could get one of the oblong grill/griddle plates to go on the 3 in 1 grill.

We have considered the Cadac Safari chef again, and did indeed get another, but never used it as we couldn't see the point of carting round what is a very large bag for a small bbq/grill, which wouldn't be any better than we already had, if not more difficult to clean, so we sold it.

1958401886_3in1bbqstovegrill.jpg.a3f65dfefdb09a71f643cb90de1748a1.jpg

1910298557_griddleplate.jpg.b910f860de72979bbea3f67b9accf81f.jpg

252010712_gridlepan.jpg.4b99098c37e4fb340f5aec6d2d113688.jpg

1276718701_gasstove.jpg.0b1a7e6a8e062610e3f22c012955e7ac.jpg

I'm a big fan of those suit-case stoves...

We've got 3-4 of them(2 of which must be nearly 10 years old)and I thought once we moved from tents, they'd stay packed away in the shed..but no...more often than not, they were used over the "plug in" gas BBQ and twin burner... .. :-D

(...although people do have to be careful of some cheaper models because in recent years there have been some cheap'n'nasty "pared down" examples about)..

I'd say, keep things simply and see how it works... You can just as easy cook a burger or a full fry-up on a suitcase stove and a griddle pan... ;-)

Some good ideas above, thank you all.

After full consideration and a meeting of the "new acquisition" committee and with the approval of the finance director I purchased a Cadac Safari Chef.

I look forward to a trial B-B-Q on the front lawn!

H

Archived