France and Spain touring

DWC66

We are off...Black Horse Farm on Sunday...Tunnel on monday.

Seven days driving through France then Calpe for a month.

Going to Camping Montroig for 2 weeks in May.Our son and daughter in law and 2 year old grand daughter are meeting us there and staying 11 nghts in a villa so should be good B-)

Going to try Lake Caspe...fishing looks good..anyone been?

Back to the UK July so a nice long tour...instead of the usual 2-3 weeks *-)

Can't wait...but will miss our family.

Jan & Dave

Guest JudgeMental
You will be surprised how relaxing it is not to be moving on every few days...a month seems like a very long time when not touring... I love this in the winter especially with the wet weather we are getting, but tour at other times..Have a great time :-D

Hi Jan & Dave

May see you in Calpe, as we will be heading that way, but not until mid April, so you may have left by then

We have been to Lake Caspe,a few years back now, found it hard to find at the time, think we approached it from the wrong direction.Large lake lots of fishing, though we did not try it. A bit cut off, from memory, so stock up before you go, as seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, but an ACSI site, so not too bad

Enjoy your trip, we will be coming for 2 months,instead of the usual 3, as we have to get home for a wedding end of June

PJay

Sounds great, wish we could go now!! we will be off in late May (I hope) with no return plans as yet.

We did six months last year and the only thing I will change is not to stay as Black Horse.

We had a pitch by the road so didn't get much sleep and it was the most expensive site we stayed at for the whole six months. This time we will go straight to the tunnel and stop in France.

Have a great time.

Yes it will be so nice to be able to move on if and when we want to...instead of rushing like we usually have to as we are away for 14 weeks this time:-D

We will be in Calpe through April - arrive 31 March - 2nd May Odissea camper Area so may see you there :-D

We will make sure that we are stocked up for Lake Caspe as we know that it's in an out of the way place.

It's Dave that does the fishing...I have to take the photos *-)

Safe travels.

Jan & Dave

DWC66 - 2014-03-19 1:41 PM

Yes it will be so nice to be able to move on if and when we want to...instead of rushing like we usually have to as we are away for 14 weeks this time:-D

We will be in Calpe through April - arrive 31 March - 2nd May Odissea camper Area so may see you there :-D

We will make sure that we are stocked up for Lake Caspe as we know that it's in an out of the way place.

It's Dave that does the fishing...I have to take the photos *-)

Safe travels.

Jan & Dave

don't know that site? If we go there we stay at Calpe Mar, as close to all the facilites for walking to

PJay

Guest pelmetman
DWC66 - 2014-03-19 12:52 PM

Back to the UK July so a nice long tour...instead of the usual 2-3 weeks *-)

Can't wait...but will miss our family.

Jan & Dave

You'll be surprised just how quick it goes ;-)...................Just had 3 months all bar 3 days away....it was gone in a flash 8-)....................

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2014-03-19 2:46 PM

don't know that site? If we go there we stay at Calpe Mar, as close to all the facilites for walking to

PJay

Its the aire type thingy overlooking the lagoon just down the road from the Aldi ;-).....

Make sure you look up BGD while you're down that way. Better still, see if he's got a gig on nearby:

http://www.nomadshow.piczo.com/

We spent a relaxing couple of nights at the Lake Caspe site last year. We're ont fishing people (or campsite people!) but we loved it. Extract from my diary:

"ACSI site by a lake near Caspe. Decent site with plenty of shady trees, cheap meal at the

on-site restaurant, decide to stay 2 nights to chill out.

Woken by LOTS of birdsong - beautiful! Nothing to do today, but made use of the washing machine and fixed the flyscreens more securely (VERY important here!). Watched a hilarious Englishman argue with his wife about exactly where to position their motorhome. Prize quotes: “The bloody sun’s moved already!” and “What a stupid place to put a tree!”

Light lunch including bottle of white, then strolled down to see the lake and pool lovely. Thunderstorm in the afternoon, but once that was over the weather cleared again. Liz cooked a meal with pasta and tuna."

Get the idea? Oh, apologies if the above-mentioned Englishman is a forumite!

Enjoy yourselves!

Definitely not Eddie. We saw Bruce & Kathy last summer. He's still alive, well and wowing the locals with his act. But online he hangs out with a more select crowd these days. Which reminds me, I've not seen YOU over on PMH - unless you're using a different alias? No, I'm sure I'd recognise your style - and your well-known opinions!! :D

Guest JudgeMental
Tony Jones - 2014-03-20 1:02 PM

Definitely not Eddie. We saw Bruce & Kathy last summer. He's still alive, well and wowing the locals with his act. But online he hangs out with a more select crowd these days. Which reminds me, I've not seen YOU over on PMH - unless you're using a different alias? No, I'm sure I'd recognise your style - and your well-known opinions!! :D

Alias? who moi? doubt I would last 5 minutes anywhere else! :D

was trying to get Bruce to post again..who me dead?!?! :-D

JudgeMental - 2014-03-20 1:22 PM

... doubt I would last 5 minutes anywhere else! :D

Try it and see - we're quite easy-going over there, we have a sense of humour, we even let small firms ADVERTISE, if it's relevant.

We just don't have people taking uncalled-for personal pot-shots at each other - which is probably why some OAL regulars don't join us!

We even have our own TV show - but don't panic, I'm not in it :D

I won't put a link in for you - that would be pushing Warners' hospitality a bit TOO much.

pelmetman - 2014-03-20 9:29 PM

peter - 2014-03-20 9:19 PM

Why not?. It's not a state secret is it?.

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/forum :D

Is it a Frank free zone then? :-S................

I doubt I'd join then...............too much of a free speech merchant me :D...........

No Peter, I was just being polite to the people who host this FREE forum, by trying not to promote a rival one TOO blatantly.

And Dave, I'm big on free speech too - just not the kind of gratuitous nastiness that the Internet seems to breed (and that we occasionally see even on here :) )!

Archived