spare wheel or gunk

wardy

rupert123 - 2014-03-23 4:03 PM

globebuster - 2014-03-23 12:51 PM

I'd go with the sensible majority - To travel without a spare is just plain stupid

Just go and get a spare wheel - then you won't have anything BUT getting out of bed to worry about whilst you're touring Europe :-)

How do you work this out? Going by the number of vans that have been sold without a spare I would think their are a lot travelling happily without one. My Swift Sundance of a few years ago did not have one, did not have room to fit one, never needed one. Anyway I have always found sensible people very boring. *-)

Ahem. Synonyms for sensible:

wise, down-to-earth, shrewd, logical, practical, judicious, sane, rational, sober, prudent, intelligent, astute, attentive, au courant, aware, canny, cognizant, commonsensical, conscious, consequent, conversant, cool, discerning, discreet, discriminating, far-sighted, informed, knowing, matter-of-fact, sagacious, sage, sentient, sound, together, all there, in right mind, well-reasoned, well-thought-out, witting, having all one's marbles.

Antonyms for sensible:

foolish, ignorant, stupid, unintelligent, unwise, excited, impractical, irrational, unrealistic, idiotic, unsound, imbecile, indiscreet, senseless, unreasonable.

Just be careful of the company you keep, Henry!

But then, that's sensible advice, and it seems you've always taken advice from among the latter group! So forgive me, but on the basis of its probable source, I think I'll reject your advice. :-D

Seems to me that if you think that it is at all possible that at some time one of your tyres may get damaged while travelling, you should take a spare.

If, on the other hand, you are certain that you will never get a damaged tyre while travelling, then you can travel happily without taking a spare.

It's more about being optimistic than being 'sensible'.

;-)

p.s. same logic could apply to travel insurance.

Guest pelmetman
Of the numerous punctures I've had over the years................I've rarely had much of a tyre left to repair *-).......

Archived