squeaking loo door.

audgreen

I'm sure I will get some rare answers on this but here goes. Our toilet door has developed a loud squeak. During the regular night visits (of ones so old) it is annoying. We have tried several different ways to oil same but to no avail. Hinges seem to be well concealed. Any tips please.

Assuming, of course, that it's the hinges that are causing the squeaking, try spraying the hinges liberally using a furniture-polish aerosol (Mr Sheen, Pledge, etc.) Jamming some rag around each hinge should allow you to get plenty of polish into the hinge and limit the over-spray.

audgreen - 2014-03-22 2:34 PM

I'm sure I will get some rare answers on this but here goes. Our toilet door has developed a loud squeak. During the regular night visits (of ones so old) it is annoying. We have tried several different ways to oil same but to no avail. Hinges seem to be well concealed. Any tips please.

Hi

Thetford silicon spray, really is good, not only will release, but also lubricate.

Guest JudgeMental
pepe63 - 2014-03-22 2:52 PM

Have you tried a squirt of silicon spray lube'..?

It's always handy to have around a MH anyway, as it's good for nylon/plastic hinges, catches etc...

(I did include a link to some at Halfords, as an example but it sent the post, r-e-a-l-l-y w-I-d-e... (lol) )

yes Halfords have it on shelf.....works a treat. Pepe you need to use Tinyurl to reduce size of links

http://tinyurl.com/of2e2el

Archived