AIRES & STELPLATZ

hymer1942

Guest JudgeMental

Barrie it's easy enough? Install POI loader from Garmin website. Make a desktop folder and put all the different files of POI in it. Open POI loader, plug in Garmin, Loader will recognise it. Then browse desktop, find the POI folder and install it?

It will automatically overwrite any POI you already have in there so back up first.....

What problems are you having Barrie? My old satnav was a 1490T never had any problems loading POI's but didn't like the way it handled them dumping all POI's in the same file. My newer 2570 (I think) keeps different sets in separate file and you can select the file you want makes it much easier to use.

hymer1942 - 2014-03-25 4:25 PM

Hi all, is there anyone out there who can load the above on my GARMIN 1490T, I am willing to pay a reasonable fee for the trouble. Barrie

Hi Barrie,

I don't know if this is any good to you but if you were to buy a 2gb memory card such as this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2GB-Sandisk-Micro-SD-Card-Excellent-Quality-High-density-Storage-for-Any-Phone-/131136714065

..then post it to me with an SAE then I would happily load the POIs from campingcarinfos, icampingcar, campercontact, bordatlas(2013), archies and any others you want, and return it to you.

You would then just put the card in the slot in the side of the device and they would get loaded onto your 1490T.

Guest JudgeMental
sounds like a plan. but next time, Garmin custumer support can be very good..on a few occasions over the years they have taken remote control of my PC and installed stuff I was having problems with...anyway sounds like your are sorted now anyway! :-D

Archived