Hard of hearing

Bman780

Hi I am looking for a new sat nav . My problem is I have a tomtom xl but I cannot hear it. Partly because it is not loud enough and speech quality is poor. I need someway to either link to my existing hi fi or add external speakers. Any ideas out there

(lol) bman

Are you hard of hearing,I ask because I cannot understand why you can,t hear Tom Tom,mine has adjustable volume control and even at 60% volume I hear it very well, have you tried changing the voice,I have Jane. She is wonderfull very precise in her commands and she never gets cross if I do not follow her instructions she merely redirects me with no kerfuffle.whoops I have just noticed the post title,you are hard of hearing,maybe an hearing aid is in order if you do not already wear one.

Guest pelmetman

I have hearing problems............and although I qualify for a hearing aid..............the quack was not convinced it would help as the frequency that I'm deaf on is the female frequency :D...............

Yet I still manage to hear madam TomTom when turned up :-S..................er in doors only needs to give me a look..............for me to get the message 8-).................

Which I'll get tomorrow when she reads this :D.................

After a lot of nagging from the wife I got an appointment at the local hospital via our doc for a hearing test.

Took about half hour and about 6 weeks later another appointment, to receive the two digital aids, I have to say it's made a tremendous difference. For one thing I don't have the telly so loud that my wife couldn't stand it.

Roy

I too have hearing aids, they are brilliant, I got them within a Month of my original Hospital appointment, after a few months of wearing them my ears were becoming sore so I called the Hospital who told me to stop wearing the aids and when my ears were no longer sore to contact them again, a week later I did this and the next day had an appointment to see the Audiologist and was given smaller ear pieces  that are almost invisible made of very soft material  and are on very fine tubes and they work very well and are very comfortable, all for free on our  superb National Health Service.

Archived