Motordome awning connection.

andrewbutler56

I have just bought a Khyam Motordome 780 awning - and I am delighted with it! However, I cannot work out how to fit the 'tunnel' to my van. I have a SEA Sharky motorhome. It has no awning rail, gutter or anything to connect the 'tunnel' to. Can anyone suggest how it can be done please?

The only way to do it with no rail to slot the piping into, is to use the straps that should be attached to the tunnel part itself and throw them over your MH roof (a sock with a tennis ball inside attached to the end of the straps makes it easy to do and doesn't cause any damage it if hits the roof!), then you just secure the straps to the ground on the other side of yoru MH, this is a normal way to do it if no other means of fastening it are possible. If it hasn't got these straps though you're looking at either fitting a rail to your MH to be able to do so, or seeing if you can simply attach some straps where they 'should' be on the tunnel - they are standard on some other makes such as Outdoor Revolution Movelite ones.

Archived