Dead Leisure Battery in Spain

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I can get a leisure battery in the Malaga area of Spain, ours has just given its last breath, and we are stuck without one, a guy in the next van says they are very expensive, about 400 euros, that cannot be right ?, well I hope not as that seems extortionate to me, I would be very grateful if someone could help us.

:'( :'(

Regards

Guest pelmetman
Strewth 8-).................I'd just buy a standard starter battery ;-)............and replace it when I get home :D........

You will find a motorhome dealer on the first junction after the airport turn on the N 340 in the direction of Torremolinos. It is on the right hand side as you turn off on the road signed Coin or Churriana. Not sure if they sell leisure batteries or the price. If you think they are very expensive just go along to Carrfeour and buy a cheap car battery to put you on 'till you get back.

Good luck Keith (sooty)

batterys are expensive in spain, if you go to Carrefour, they usually have a tyre bay,motorist shop next door, there you will get a battery at a half decent price, or try a tyre dealer, they have them also, good luck

You can buy so-called leisure batteries in UK from under £100 but a proper one will cost you close to £200 for 100 AH. There are various types and the cheap ones are simply re-labelled car starter batteries which have no deep cycle capacity and will last on a short time in service.

The choice depends on how important leisure battery capacity is to your MH lifestyle and how long you plan to keep your MH for. My MH came new in 2006 with two Exide Gel leisure batteries and I'm still using them 8 years later, although I suspect they can't possibly last much longer, even though they are testing OK at the moment.

Supermarkets are not a bad place to buy replacement starter batteries and I had to do that in France last year (Auchan, got a good battery at a good price but stil €150) but I suspect you have to go elsewhere for a proper leisure battery.

For more guidance on the types of battery you might want to read this Blog article:

http://www.gl1800.org.uk/off-topic/engine-and-leisure-batteries-testing-and-buying/

Good luck in Spain. Unless you are planning to sell your MH soon, choose the right sort of battery and then buy one, even if it costs more.

Archived