Television Fixing Place

tezza

If any one has or has had a Bessacarr E425, Sundance 590RL or an Ace Napoli and have fixed a flat screen TV to the wall, cupboard etc, can you tell me where and how, and what you used to secure it. I have just bought an Ace Napoli and after having a Sundance 590RS, with a dedicated TV unit, I am a bit stumped as to where it could go, I am worried about leaving it where it can be seen, but on then other hand I can't be setting it up every time we move off site. Any ideas? The TV is a 15" model. Tezza

Hi Tezza, you can buy proper wall brackets for flat screens but I would not recomend you leave it in place all the time. For a start if it's visible it will tempt some lowlife into breaking in and nicking it (and anything else he may find). Secondly if the wall you wish to mount it to is forward facing it is unlikely to be strong enough to hold the tv in the event of an accident. The last thing you need in an accident is a couple of hundred quids worth of telly hitting you in the back of the head! It's far better and safer to store it away for travel and only set it up when you need it. D.

We have a kitchen LCD bracket which fits under a cupboard and folds flat under the cupboard. Dead easy to fit and tele' is out of the way when not in use. We got it from Currys or comet cost about £29.00. Tele' slides out and down. I drilled a hole right through it and fitted a split pin to stop it sliding out when on the move.

Thanks everyone, Dave, points noted and will check out before fitting, I am also scared of un invited visitors in my pridse and joy. Peter I will try Currys tomorrow, did you screw it to the cupboard or bolt it, does it stay in place, ie. folded up when travelling? W1intersun I can see Daves point of view but like you I would rather have the TV set up ready, more time to get the kettle on. TEZZA

Tezza, I know it's of no peace of mind but can you not just close all the blind's curtains Ect . A determined thief will alway's find a way in. I don't know if this help's we have a Bessacar 765 and just bought a flat screen at the Lincoln show lately. We also purchased the arm though rather expensive piece of metal £110 anyway the sales guy knocked off £10 we have inside our camper the microwave fitted next to the TV box (purpose made box ) . We just took out the old square Tv and in between the two down the side ,inside the TV box we bolted on the flat screen . On to a seperate piece of wood block. First trip the arm swung so obviously we got up and sorted it worried about the new Flat Screen . but we found a way with a few cable ties and all is well now. I don't know the lay out of your van ..hope this help's

[QUOTE]w1ntersun - 2006-09-04 7:22 AM Hi, I have to disagree with Dave. We have a flat tv fixed to the wall in view.

One. It is very securely fixed and not easily removed.

Two. We hang a coat over it to not leave it on show

Three. Its set up as soon as we stop one less job to do.

[/QUOTE] It's your choice W1ntersun. Does a coat hanging on a TV not just look lie a coat hanging on a TV though? I've seen people put hats over sat nav screens but a wooly hat on the dash in summer is a bit of a giveaway that it's there to hide something. If it's worth hiding it's probably worth nicking! As for permanent mounting on a wall of the 'van just how secure is it? You've given it a tug to check but in a head on collision the deceleration forces could be in excess of 30G! Your 3 Kilos (or whatever it weighs) is now equivalent to a 90 kilo pull away from the wall (assuming it's facing forwards of course) will those four screws really hold 90 Kilos? It's your choice but I would prefer to put it away where it can't be seen and from whence it can not become a missile aimed at the back of my head/seat. D.

I also remove my flat screen TV from the articulated bracket and lay it flat in a cupboard when travelling. The piece fitted to the TV hooks onto the arm when in use. Quick and easy to use. I did have to reinforce the inside of the cupboard wall though because it was only thin ply. Would not risk a TV on a bracket when travelling. I have a hard head but a flying TV is harder! Purchased from a company in Scotland for less than £20.00 including postage. Delivered next day.

Howard, when we got the first one it was less than perfect . The second not bad . the third. This one has never been right since we got it . 1The blind is broke on shower door 2 reversing camera packed up 3shower door of broken unrepairable by them the rail 4 fridge off it's setting door hangs down 5 no mini table as promised 6 fog lamps were forgotton but have now been installed but look like they have been hacked witha hack saw horrible 7 The back heki over the bed is missing a seal adjacent to the compulsory gas thing. When you trade in they don't care WEll we don't think anyway. they seem to just strip you bit's off like fiama awning bike rack air con. & the next buyer get's still slaped with the new price..... We only bought this in jan 06

Hi,

Dave .  My tv has been there 5 years, been to spain 6 times ( twice one year ) It does look like a coat hanging on a hook to casual looker and the windows are dark.

I have never had to adjust the fixings, first time worked.

I intend keeping the van as it does everything I need it to do so I do not mind moding it.

Archived