Help with Ferry Crossings from Dover

t.gray

Hi there, I ws wondering whether anyone could help, I am sailing from Dover on Thursday morning. Does anyone know if you can go earlier than the time you have booked?? I have done this before many years ago but I have heard they are getting strict. Any experience you have had would be greatly appriciated. T *-)

I usually drive up to the kiosk and take a chance so far so good. Last year a friend of mine needed to sail home a few days earlier he went to the ticket office and it cost £10 I did the same 2 days later and it cost me nothing. That was with P&O who I mostly use except tuesday when I am on Norfolk Line. Foxy

G'day!  As a general rule, if you arrive at passport and ticket control up to 2 sailings in advance, they will put you onto the next "available".  If you go into the kiosk to try to book an earlier sailing, you may have to pay.  I was told by P&O that they will "not" usually put you on a sailing earlier than 2 in advance for free.

On almost all of our recent trips we have crossed on earlier ferries by simply arriving early.

Hi, Last year we travelled with Sea France & altered our times by a couple of hours for free. This year we went with P&O & got a bit cocky!! We travelled out a day in advance - no questions asked, & came back 4 days early (due to bad weather & son eager to get his A level results) - no extra cost was incurred. On all occassions we just drove right up to the booth as if we were booking in. Incidently this year's trip was booked via CCC with a huge saving. Don't know if we were just lucky or if this is normal? Good luck.

Archived