SAWIKO BACK BOX

hymer1942

Guest JudgeMental
Barrie, depends on what you want the rack fo, bikes or back box, I wanted one that swung out as have a van conversion. what camper are you after these days. The basic sawiko 100kg model over £2.5K mine under £1500 and it has an 88kg load which more then enough for 2/3 e bikes, or can fit a box. but overkill if you don't need a swing out rack, a fantastic bit of kit after all the hassle of door mounted racks.

hymer1942 - 2014-04-04 6:11 PM

Well Eddie I have been looking for two years to swap the van, the latest Hymer low profile Merc was a big disappointment , so expensive it might be, but maybe a solution . Barrie

It don't make sense, expensive chassis and the body is CL/Exsis trim and charging silly money for it, wouldn't be surprised if it's dropped before the next Düsseldorf show.

JudgeMental - 2014-04-04 6:34 PM

The basic sawiko 100kg model over £2.5K mine under £1500 and it has an 88kg load which more then enough for 2/3 e bikes, or can fit a box.

I suspect you might be (not unnaturally) using AL-KO quoted UK prices.

The Sawiko AGITO Top; swing-out and capable of taking two e_bikes (80kg load), is listed at €1345 from the maker. I suspect you might get it supplied and fitted at the factory for somewhere in the region of £1500.

Of course, that means buying in Germany.

Archived