Rapido 987M surplus head rest covers

Will86

I knocked up a few front-seat head rest covers when we had the Rapido 987M. They are now sitting around without an owner so they should go.

The picture shows them in the VW so they obviously are not fitting well here.

They are as made by myself. They are new and have not been used, we only used one pair in 6 years. When grubby they were put through the washing machine. (That pair are now binned)

I do not know if they fit other models of the same make.

I suggest they go in pairs to THREE seperate owners. The cost is postage only. In stamps please.

If interested then indicate on this thread for any questions you may have. PM me with an address if interested.

411134597_Rapidoheadrest.JPG.77ef73ebb5a21ae6bae5563a8414a0f6.JPG

Another of my past trades I should have followed perhaps. The embroidered logo was put on to a flat base first by a local company and then it was a matter of cutting suitably shaped panels and machining them together, pretty basic stuff really.

I learned all that from my mother when she was a dressmaker, I was her cutter. Grown up boys didn't do that sort of thing in the wide world so I moved on to making aircraft and automotive panels. Start early was the key, Its pretty simple artistic hand and eye coordination and I loved it.

Give me something to make and I'm in heaven.

Guest pelmetman
Eddy - 2014-04-06 6:49 PM

Will if you would be happy for me to have the last pair for my recently acquired Rapido we would give them a good home, I've sent you a pm, thanks.

You can wear one when your in your tin bath Eddy ;-)................

That's all 3 pairs gone then.

One to David who's address I've mislaid

One to Ian

One to Eddy whose address I've not received as yet.

I say to each one if they're not perfect them bin them, do not return them, just cover the postage in stamps please as its the easiest way.

Will

All covers reached their destinations great, one said his was rather tight but the headrest body is more bulbous in the centre than at the base which should make them more of a snug fit. (Which ever recipient it was I lost the message)

Not making any more

Will

Archived