Do you poo in your Thetford loo ?

Adiebt

If you are staying on a site with no toilet facilities do you No2 in your loo , I was thinking of cling film , a freezer bag and then non recycle bin. , I suggested this to my wife and her face registered ............. DIVORCE , am I so wrong ? Cheers !

I think our loo is far better than we find on most sites, and far cleaner, it was designed for the purpose, if you use the right Chemicals in the right amount in the cassette you should have no Whiffs, we Flush then spray the bowl with lavender disinfectant, and empty every day when ever possible.

Adiebt - 2014-04-06 10:38 PM

If you are staying on a site with no toilet facilities do you No2 in your loo , I was thinking of cling film , a freezer bag and then non recycle bin. , I suggested this to my wife and her face registered ............. DIVORCE , am I so wrong ? Cheers !

Give me strength *-) do you think the manufactures install them for no reason, this question should have been submitted on 1st April.

Guest pelmetman
Not only poo...............but the cassette makes a useful "waste master" for grey waste..........although a trolley is also useful ;-)

Both my brothers who are motorhomers and have perfectly good bathrooms, mostly used for storage I should add only use their toilets for, and this is at a push peeing !

I don't get it ! !

They argue cuts down on cleaning and water usage.

One of the reasons for my van is, I like my own facility's including the shower and loo.

Guest pelmetman
Eddy - 2014-04-07 9:19 AM

For the posh ones amongst us.

Thanks Eddy...............that's this years Crimbo present sorted............boy is HE going to be surprised when he opens it :D

Absolutely, I have paid lots of money for a MH or caravan with all the mod cons, I aint walking 100yds in the cold and wet to use a "public" toilet that probably stinks of the previous 100 or so users, urgh. Why would anyone want to follow someone else onto a toilet seat when they have there own private facility ?

HA! HA! HA! I enjoyed some of these answers better than the Chuckle Brothers!!!! It makes you wonder where these questions come from!!! Of course we use the TOILET facility in our van, that's what it is for!!!!

:-D *-) B-)

Ive been pootling around on another forum (no names, no pack drill) where many dont use a toilet, many dont use their shower, thats fine....but then you get advice on how to convert your shower to a wardrobe or your toilet room to a store cupboard.....what do they use the garage and wardrobes for then.....?

It amazes me that people pay thousands of pounds for a Motorhome fully equipted with toilets showers. Cookers etc yet do not use these facilities prefering to use iffy campsite facilities, even to the extent of taking bowls of washing up to communial sinks, madness.

vindiboy - 2014-04-07 10:51 AM

It amazes me that people pay thousands of pounds for a Motorhome fully equipted with toilets showers. Cookers etc yet do not use these facilities prefering to use iffy campsite facilities, even to the extent of taking bowls of washing up to communial sinks, madness.

Agreed, Vindi......these issues are the great polarisers of the MH/Caravanning world......along with a dozen others ive found out, lol.

Guest Had Enough

It amazes me that people will pay let's say, £20 to use a campsite and then refuse to use the facilities that they've paid for. Campsite owners must love them! I wonder if they say: "I've paid thousands for this self-contained motorhome and I don't care if electricity is included in the price, I am not going to use it!"

MADNESS!

For the OP. You use your brains. I was on a site this year where there was a superb sanitary block just twenty five yards away. It was immaculate with endless hot water in spacious beautifully designed showers. I used it every day and it was lovely and meant that I didn't have to keep filling up my water tank every day. Yep, that's it. Trudging 100 yards to the water tap in the pouring rain with a watering can several times or having to move the 'van to connect the hose.

The same goes for lavatories. If they're clean and modern I'll use them if they're handy. It amazes me how many people, who claim to be really tough wild camping types are scared to death of catching something from a lavatory seat. Amazing! It's like those Yanks who carry little paper seat covers in case they catch the Bubonic Plague from a bog!

But - if the toilets are a hundred yards away and it's raining or if they're not very good, use your own facilities. It's not rocket science!

The secret is not to get hung up on this "I've paid £50K for the motorhome and I'm going to use it" syndrome. You've also paid for the site's sanitary facilities - use them if they're convenient and good. Don't be a wimp about using something that others have used. You're not going to catch anything.

How do these people go on in long journeys in their cars? Do they refuse to use motorway service loos? Perhaps they carry one of Eddy's Sh*t boxes? ;-)

Edited to say - and the same goes for communal sinks. If you've had a meal that's left a load of greasy pans and plates why wash them in a tiny motorhome sink, using hot water that you've paid for and filling your waste tank with crap when close by there's a huge sink with loads of free hot water?

I also enjoy chatting to people at the sinks and have met some very nice and interesting people whilst doing the washing up. It's turns a fiddly chore into a pleasant social occasion. But again, if the sinks are handy and are close, use them. If they're a long walk and it's raining use the 'van. How hard is that?

bolero boy - 2014-04-07 11:01 AM

Agreed, Vindi......these issues are the great polarisers of the MH/Caravanning world......along with a dozen others ive found out, lol.

Some people even go out for meals when they have spent hundreds on having cooking facilities in their van..

Takes all sorts I suppose.

;-)

bolero boy - 2014-04-07 10:51 AM

Ive been pootling around on another forum (no names, no pack drill) where many dont use a toilet, many dont use their shower, thats fine....but then you get advice on how to convert your shower to a wardrobe or your toilet room to a store cupboard.....what do they use the garage and wardrobes for then.....?

Go on admit it Chris you have been hanging about with the tuggers on the CC forum - too embarrassed to own up. (lol)

Guest Had Enough
malc d - 2014-04-07 11:13 AM

bolero boy - 2014-04-07 11:01 AM

Some people even go out for meals when they have spent hundreds on having cooking facilities in their van..

Takes all sorts I suppose.

;-)

Don't be silly! I've spent thousands of pounds on my motorhome. It has a fridge and an oven and washing up facilities. Why should I walk 100 yards in the rain to sit on seats that hundreds of others have sat on, use cutlery and plates that may have been washed in some dodgy kitchen and have to put up with other people within twenty five yards of me?

And then have some some dodgy chef serve me disgusting foreign food? Why on earth would anyone want to go to a cafe or restaurant. Madness! ;-)

Archived