Do you poo in your Thetford loo ?

Adiebt

malc d - 2014-04-07 11:13 AM
bolero boy - 2014-04-07 11:01 AM
vindiboy - 2014-04-07 10:51 AMIt amazes me that people pay thousands of pounds for a Motorhome fully equipted with toilets showers. Cookers etc yet do not use these facilities prefering to use iffy campsite facilities, even to the extent of taking bowls of washing up to communial sinks, madness.
Agreed, Vindi......these issues are the great polarisers of the MH/Caravanning world......along with a dozen others ive found out, lol.
Some people even go out for meals when they have spent hundreds on having cooking facilities in their van..Takes all sorts I suppose. ;-)
Your right of course, I only use campsites as a last result as I prefer wild camping ( yes, I am aware of most oppinions on that he he) my van is fully equipted with extra batteries, solar, refillable gas bottles etc so dont need sites we do long trips away up to six months usually and Don,t use sites at all,laundry etc is never a problem,we do use rally sites usually farm fields etc when at home so a good general mix we think,each to their own, I know my preference.

But the poster clearly states - 'If on a site WITHOUT facilities'

I'd sooner use some local vegetation than risk a 'cling film overload' - oh, that could get soo messy :-(

In fact if he's really smart, then an empty drinks bottle will even negate the need to use the on-board loo at all.

Guest Had Enough

I have my suspicions about the OP. Start off with an innocent thread or two and then ask silly questions such as this. We've one or two members of Motorhome Fruitcakes on here who enjoy stirring things up and then have a good laugh about how gullible those idiots on OAL are.

But we can't win of course. If we treat the questioners as genuine we're idiots who've fallen for it. If we complain that they are stirrers we're nasty barstewards treating newbies badly.

There's nothing clever about what they do, despite how brilliant these saddoes think they are!

They can actually fall for the silliest windups themselves, as I know! ;-)

Mind, there are some out there who refuse to use the engine for the holiday as well so let me ponder................ah! Throw out the toilet, cooker, engine the hot water is no longer needed so goodbye truma, and the bed aint so hot.

Welcome to travel lodge !!!

brilliant!! i had such a laugh reading the replies to the origional posting that is why this forum is so great!! nothing is sacred and the humor is brill!! i would like to invite anyone who sees my old c class rv at any campsites this year round for a beer or three, we could have such a laugh!!

pete

lennyhb - 2014-04-07 11:13 AM

bolero boy - 2014-04-07 10:51 AM

Ive been pootling around on another forum (no names, no pack drill) where many dont use a toilet, many dont use their shower, thats fine....but then you get advice on how to convert your shower to a wardrobe or your toilet room to a store cupboard.....what do they use the garage and wardrobes for then.....?

Go on admit it Chris you have been hanging about with the tuggers on the CC forum - too embarrassed to own up. (lol)

Lenny, guilty as charged!

Its been a real eye opener over there, im a real fish out of water, good fun tho ;-)

I've enjoyed reading this thread, which I suppose means that I'm signalling the limits of my intellectual (and humour) capacity and I don't mind at all if we've been had by a wind up because we've been enjoying ourselves bouncing around thoughts about a subject of doubtful taste because it's been funny.

So funny that I am tempted to start a similar thread elsewhere to compare results. Presumably there's a really green/enviroment friendly forum you could start a discussion on with predictable pseudo-scientific results.

I fancy the idea of carrying a flatpack s**t Box in the MH. They would be easy to store and transport and you could set it up on a grassy area on a CC Club Site, take your (news) paper and settle down for a good read waiting for someone's pompous and outraged reaction. Just wear double underpants and a shirt with long tails so it's not obvious you are not really dropping anything and video the whole thing for You Tube. A farting machine would be a useful addition to the equipment. Setting it up next to the MH in a town's central car park would be fun too.

My betting is that one of the first to challenge you would be a guy who hates dogs and has already complained to the Warden several times about people allowing their mutts to piddle on his personal pitch. At that point of course you would have to pretend not to speak English and present him with either a religious tract or an application form to join the Green Party. Wearing earphone and listening to an IPhone or similar would enhance the effect the victim's frustration.

Good luck! And in case this was a serious question, yes we do!

Had Enough - 2014-04-07 11:04 AM

It amazes me that people will pay let's say, £20 to use a campsite and then refuse to use the facilities that they've paid for. Campsite owners must love them! I wonder if they say: "I've paid thousands for this self-contained motorhome and I don't care if electricity is included in the price, I am not going to use it!"

MADNESS!

For the OP. You use your brains. I was on a site this year where there was a superb sanitary block just twenty five yards away. It was immaculate with endless hot water in spacious beautifully designed showers. I used it every day and it was lovely and meant that I didn't have to keep filling up my water tank every day. Yep, that's it. Trudging 100 yards to the water tap in the pouring rain with a watering can several times or having to move the 'van to connect the hose.

The same goes for lavatories. If they're clean and modern I'll use them if they're handy. It amazes me how many people, who claim to be really tough wild camping types are scared to death of catching something from a lavatory seat. Amazing! It's like those Yanks who carry little paper seat covers in case they catch the Bubonic Plague from a bog!

But - if the toilets are a hundred yards away and it's raining or if they're not very good, use your own facilities. It's not rocket science!

The secret is not to get hung up on this "I've paid £50K for the motorhome and I'm going to use it" syndrome. You've also paid for the site's sanitary facilities - use them if they're convenient and good. Don't be a wimp about using something that others have used. You're not going to catch anything.

How do these people go on in long journeys in their cars? Do they refuse to use motorway service loos? Perhaps they carry one of Eddy's Sh*t boxes? ;-)

Edited to say - and the same goes for communal sinks. If you've had a meal that's left a load of greasy pans and plates why wash them in a tiny motorhome sink, using hot water that you've paid for and filling your waste tank with crap when close by there's a huge sink with loads of free hot water?

I also enjoy chatting to people at the sinks and have met some very nice and interesting people whilst doing the washing up. It's turns a fiddly chore into a pleasant social occasion. But again, if the sinks are handy and are close, use them. If they're a long walk and it's raining use the 'van. How hard is that?

It sounds like you’re the only sane and sensible person on here.

Best thread on this site by miles...... or is that 100 yards from the facilities.

Joking apart had some great conversations while using the paid for washing up facilities in France like while taking to a 84 year old Belgium lady plus a few others over the last couple of years.

Never using the freezers on site again LOL B-) :-D

Guest peter
Try stretching clingfilm over the pan and shut the seat on top. It's invisible, so the other half will get a surprise. :D

Archived