Was Mercia Full?? Feedback

snowie

In view of all of the helpful advice before we went I thought I'd provide some basic feedback for anyone contemplating doing similar in the near future.

Trip dates, mid Feb 2014 to end March 2014

Firstly MURCIA wasn't full; but quite a few sites in the area, and en route had only a handful of pitches available. Would we book in future; no.

We would probably go a couple of weeks later, maybe four.

We went as far as Almeria, then turned back up the coast, and turned inland to Navajas and Zaragoza and home via Bordeaux.

Weather was brilliant, except north of Spanish border on the way home.

Places and people were great, and CULLERA a real find.

Would I take an awning next time.

Well yes, but not the Outdoor revolution Compactalite Pro 325.

That will probably go on ebay shortly. (I can hear the laughter!!) Not because it's no good, just because it doesn't fit our way of camping.

Recent thread on this subject very good, and I agree with Brian Kirby, in fact I sketched just such a solution in my diary when we were away.

When we set off I was expecting to stay on only a handful of sites. It really did turn into a fact-finding trip, and we stayed at 13 sites in Spain, for a max of 3 days.

Having seen a few of the overwintering sites, Vilanova Park (Barcelona), Mazzaron, Lo Monte, and Calpe Mar, I don't think a 3 month 10Euro/day deal would keep us at any of them for that long. We did like resort of Mazaron, and Calpe Mar.

So; what did it cost and was it worth it?

40 Nights on campsites £584

Diesel 3526 miles door to door £616

Ferry £100

Tolls £145

Total £1445

And yes, we'll probably do something similar, maybe not next year, but hopefully soon.

If anyone wants more detail feel free to PM me.

Regards

alan b

Guest JudgeMental
Welcome back Snowie!...Lovely trip report. You are allowed to relax, settle in and enjoy a town once and a while..... :-D

Nice one Alan very useful info. We spent a week on Villa Nova Park at the end of December and it is a ok site but like yourself we are more likely to spend 3 nights than 3 months on it or any site.Used the Tunnel using Tesco vouchers as it only cost us £40 cash. No need to book in December and January.

Planning on going to Spain again this winter for 6 weeks so your feedback is useful, thanks. B-)

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2014-04-09 7:02 PM

I can assure you shopping at tesco your tunnel crossing cost a lot more than you think! *-)

I just buy my fuel from them, and now Esso also take the Clubcard ;-)..................

JudgeMental - 2014-04-09 7:02 PM

I can assure you shopping at tesco your tunnel crossing cost a lot more than you think! *-)

Come on Eddy that's not your style. If you do selective purchases then you can save however if you just buy willy nilly you will certainly pay over the odds for certain items and your crossing does end up expensive. Shop around

Edit. As far as Murcia was concerned we got on no problem. No problems with the site but just too remote for us although there were many there long term and I can understand as they enjoyed the social side. Went to the CCC quiz night and very much entertaining.

sshortcircuit - 2014-04-09 10:26 PM

Edit. As far as Murcia was concerned we got on no problem. No problems with the site but just too remote for us although there were many there long term and I can understand as they enjoyed the social side. Went to the CCC quiz night and very much entertaining.

So which site was that hamish?

alan b

Guest JudgeMental
personally Hamish seeing as shopping centres destroying localaities, prefer to support local shops and use Lidl/Aldi for basic essentials. saying that lidl great for fruit and veg. Sharing a frequent traveller eurotunnel package also makes sense to me :-D Hamish its Eddie not Eddy. dont want to be associated with that psycho 1 foot

Archived