Uttoxeter Racecourse - Beware

stantheman

Caution Motorhomers - I have just returned from the Caravan Club site at Uttoxeter Racecourse (actually it belongs to the racecourse) and it currently resembles a Belgian WW1 battlefield. A lot of standing water and mud. No hard standing pitches. Within a couple of hours of parking the rear wheels had sunk covering the bottom of the tyres. Just managed to drag myself clear on departure day but some units required a tug and a push.

The site is clearly not fit for purpose, at least for motorhomes, and is badly in need of major upgrading by the course owners. Even the warden agreed that this was true. Perhaps it will be okay when the long hot summer dries it out but don't hold your breath.

Guest pelmetman
lennyhb - 2014-04-10 7:48 PM

Up to the usual CC site standards then. (lol)

Speaking as someone who is about to rejoin the CC your comments Lenny are unnecessary :-| ...............

OoooooooooooooH Nooooooooo my mind is already being taken over by them 8-) 8-) 8-)...........and I've not even posted the letter yet (lol) (lol) (lol)

We were there last year and had a lovely time but obviously we had good weather. Unfortunately there are several CC sites owned by an outside party (Warwick racecourse comes to mind) who are reluctant to spend any money updating facilities. I think the CC do the best they can in the circumstances.

Yes Lenny, I don't think the Caravan Club can really be held responsible for the state of this site. I simply think they need to be made aware of the 'turkey' that they have leased from the billionaire owners of the racecouse. This forum has always been more effective in publishing our views than a letter to the CC, which may not always appear in print.

Try the cheltenham cc on the racecourse thats hardstanding and has lovely views and is close to the town centre :- i think warwick is owned by the jockey club :) pp. by the way in tk max today they had rubber tread rolls for getting you off dodgy ground £12.99. AA recommended rrp (£64.99) which i find hard to believe but they did roll up into a handy size and came in a bag : they were like a rubber ladder

Guest pelmetman
lennyhb - 2014-04-10 9:26 PM

pelmetman - 2014-04-10 7:57 PM

Speaking as someone who is about to rejoin the CC ...............

Have you stopped taking your medication? (lol)

I'm only doing it for the money :-S.....................I'm such a shallow oike :'(...................but our tugger friends made me do it *-)..................

I have no shame :D........

This site has always suffered from water problems on the grass pitches after lots of rain. It is the same as most sites with grass pitches and after the winter we have just had it is not unexpected for grass pitches to be soggy bottomed.

Archived