Help to ID correct cables to fit 12v socket

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Pic of 12 v box in cubourd above kitchen unit. I want to fit a 12v socket to power TV aerial. can anyone tell me by looking which would be the right pair to break into? :-S

the brown/blue pair going out top right are to the light switch

735594203_12vbox.jpg.f641522e57c85262eab8e20299639e2e.jpg

Thats interesting, I'm sure our globecar has white for earth. Anyway you need to insert one wire into the spare hole on bottom left block, you then need to take another connection from bottom righthand block, looks like you will need to double up on this as no spare holes.

JudgeMental - 2014-04-11 9:50 PM

Thanks Colin..so the bottom left block (brown cables) will all be interconnected lives you think?

I'd double check if live or earth, just connect meter across from block to known earth, should be easy to get earth on screws in SLD frame from that cupboard. But yes those blocks have a common link inside, you lift the orange lever right up (very stiff) and poke the wire in then close lever.

I'd post a pic of mine which I've recently added to, but SD card failed on camera phone and lost the pics.

JudgeMental - 2014-04-11 9:50 PM

Thanks Colin..so the bottom left block (brown cables) will all be interconnected lives you think?

Read my post Eddie check with a meter brown is usually earth for as long as I can remember brown or white have been used for earth and blue or green for live on 12v wiring.

Archived