Stolen Motorhome Keep an Eye Out

johnnerontheroad

Sorry to hear about your loss. You have reminded me of the value of having a locked keysafe in the house. Does not stop the theft but makes them take longer and every second counts. We have key safe and alarm so they have to bust the key safe while the alarm is sounding.Then you have the security on the van, whatever that is. I have an Auto 2000 steering wheel lock. Another minimum of five minutes to get mobile together with whatever other security we may have. Security is like onion peel, one layer at a time, break in, break the keysafe whilst the alarm is sounding, enter van and remove steering wheel lock, overcome other security before able to drive off. Do not keep steering wheel lock key with the ignition keys otherwise that layer is compromised. There are those who say 'if they want it they will get it' and whilst I have sympathy with the comment we can make it very difficult by placing as many hurdles as possible in there way, none of which are the total answer but together may save the day. Hope yours is found soon. Finally, tracking devices are getting cheaper and cheaper to the extent that they are affordable to most.

Arthur

Good post above, I wonder what the percentage is in any one year from motorhomes stolen compared

to other vehicles, I also own a quad bike and these are high risk items and you can only get insurance if chained to ground anchor

AlanS - 2014-04-12 8:55 PM

The link tells all about where and when. What is worrying is that whoever took it broke into the house and stole the keys !

Not everyone has a facebook account I have assumed you need one to see it , could be wrong ;-)

From FaceBook

"Our Motorhome has been stolen today between 2pm and 5pm from Summerhouse drive , Joydens Wood Bexley. The thieves broke into Sams house by smashing their way through the patio doors.

Everyone please share. We are gutted as we'd booked our summer holiday. REG NUMBER.

VFO7 VRM"

Thewad - 2014-04-13 9:47 AM

AlanS - 2014-04-12 8:55 PM

The link tells all about where and when. What is worrying is that whoever took it broke into the house and stole the keys !

Not everyone has a facebook account I have assumed you need one to see it , could be wrong ;-)

You don't need to be on Facebook to open that link..

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Will85 - 2014-04-13 3:14 PM

The makers badge looks like a Ford from where I'm sat, they only want the engine and chassis parts not the body.

I doubt it Will as they'd just nick a standard Tranny for the parts ;-)...................I suspect its already on the way to Ireland *-)..................Pikey's seem to be getting a taste for campers as there's usually one or two on the encampments around here :-|

Patricia - 2014-04-13 3:02 PM

I would be fascinated to know how you did that and would be very grateful if you could explain.

Tick 'attach a file after posting' I would guess most forums just use ,attach file meaning photo and it posts all at the same time.

Patricia - 2014-04-13 7:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. That is what I tried but I think I went wrong by trying to post the picture from Facebook; I assume you copied the picture from this thread?

copied from facebook onto my desktop," then attach file after posting" has got to be under 100kb in size tho

jon

Archived