Bike Gear

mikejkay

mikejkay - 2014-04-14 6:36 PM

So, to summarise and conclude, I can spend £1000 to £1500 on a proper bike and will be qualified to wear Lycra shorts OR spend £200 to £600 on a "chinese bike" but will have to make do with cotton shorts. mmmm?

According to those in the know the Chinese bike won't work so ya going to be wearing cotton shorts and walking too mike ! So maybe a few quid on some Chinese trainers might be advisable

The post started with a question re Lycra during which the discussion veered toward ebikes. Cameras came in the discussion when discussing cost v quality. It would probably have been more appropriate to use motorhomes for comparison purposes. The law of diminishing returns is equally applicable but I didn't want to provoke an explosion by comparing Make X with Make Y this being a Forum where people are passionate about their own vehicles. I'm on safer ground with cameras. Hope that you don't own a Nikon!

Archiesgrandad - 2014-04-14 7:45 PM

I think it should be illegal to wear Lycra unless you are actually competing in the Tour de France or your name is Bradley or Victoria.

AGD

Wearing lycra on an electric bike would be like wearing a dinner suit in MacDonalds.

( i.e. Not a good idea )

:-D

I think it should be illegal to wear Lycra unless you are actually competing in the Tour de France or your name is Bradley or Victoria.

AGD

Proper cycling shorts have padding to stop chaffing. Your legs still go up and down as the pedals go round and round when you are on an electric bile. Long rides on a hot day gives the potential for sores. So why would you not wear cycling shorts?

AliB - 2014-04-15 9:05 AM

AGD

Proper cycling shorts have padding to stop chaffing. Your legs still go up and down as the pedals go round and round when you are on an electric bile. Long rides on a hot day gives the potential for sores. So why would you not wear cycling shorts?

Cycling shorts don't have to be Lycra so you can still look human and weary hem. (lol)

AliB - I am not normally accused of having much consideration for others but in this case I feel that my appearance in Lycra may quite reasonably be considered an assault upon anyone who is unfortunate enough to cast eyes upon the sight. It's a pity that some other Lycra wearers do not have similar consideration.

Guest JudgeMental

you need to get over yourself....who's bothered. For serious rides proper padded cycling gear essential.

These all the rage in eastern europe...coming to a bike track near you! :-D

MankiniAd1(1).jpg.346b353ca61c833eb24bce402072a8eb.jpg

JudgeMental - 2014-04-15 12:12 PM

you need to get over yourself....who's bothered. For serious rides proper padded cycling gear essential.

These all the rage in eastern europe...coming to a bike track near you! :-D

Is that a bicycle pump in his kini or is he just glad to see ya Judge ?

JudgeMental - 2014-04-14 4:45 PM

not a bad idea buying used...I started out that way, but bike was still around £750 (£1500 new). you can buy new batteries for much less money on German ebay. My wifes AVE MH7 on ebay at the moment :-D

I was going to suggest a good used bike in preference to a cheap new one. Many keen cyclists, li,e Eddie, change their kit regularly and this is a really good way to get a lot of bike for the money.....Just check the batteries carefully.

Archived