Heaters

Lizzy

[QUOTE]Lizzy - 2006-09-05 9:33 AM Blown air? As opposed to what other types? Is a blown air system directional?[/QUOTE] Lizzy, We have the Eberspacher Airtronic D2 diesel heater http://tinyurl.com/lag39 It works well for us. Being diesel there's no worries about running out of gas at a critical time. Don

Lizzy I have experience of two types of blown air heaters (that blow air through a series of ducts to outlets strategically placed around the van. 1. The Truma C type (that also includes a bolier for the hot water) LPG fired heaters (some additionally have a mains element for use when hooked up). These range from 3.5 to 6kw and work extremely well, but use a fair bit of gas, I would allow for 1 litre plus per day during winter months. I have refillable gas bottles so this is not an issue for us. 2. Eberspacher diesel fired (from the vehicle fuel tank) These are probably more efficient, but diesel is around twice the price of LPG, and our heater was very noisy. I have not experienced the Alde wet heating system which some converters offer as an option (e.g. Dethleffs, Autostar) at a premium upwards of £1000, but by all accounts this is excellent. Also note that some installations of both types are installed so as to keep the water pipes and tanks frost free. HTH Robin

Lizzy a blown air system in a motorhome is partially directable.The outlets however are not always placed in the right areas to maximise the heat available. The best advice would be for you to go to a dealer and look at the vans with blown air heating. A benefit is that during hot waether you can use the blower to circulate air through the van. The alde system, wet central heating, is superb at heating the van but there are some weight penalties and you do not have the blown air facility. Good luck Docted

With th convector heaters that have a fan on the back, yes. But with the Truma boilers, as far as I can work out turing the thermostat up turns on both fan and gas. This is probably a case of 'Change is Inevitable, Progress is Optional'. I will double check though when I get a chance.

With th convector heaters that have a fan on the back, yes. But with the Truma boilers, as far as I can work out turing the thermostat up turns on both fan and gas. This is probably a case of 'Change is Inevitable, Progress is Optional'. I will double check though when I get a chance.

Archived