Dometic RM8401 Fridge

arthur49

Fridge is 'dead'. No power at fridge control panel. Will not operate on gas or mains electric or 12v with engine running.

All fuses that are accessible have been checked and are OK. RCD is fine too. Makes no difference if I hook up to mains or disconnect, still won't power up.

All other equipment working fine ....

Sounds to me like a failure of a board within the fridge itself.

Any experts here got an idea as its 200 miles to my dealer ...........

Arthur :'(

To test it properly you will need to test the voltage with a volt meter. The fridge unscrews at the front and pulls forward. 240v and 12v connections are on the top. You will need to take the vent off at the back to make sure the flu pipe gets connected in properly when you put it back in. I would take it to a dealers if you are unsure of what your doing though

julesgemini - 2014-04-25 12:43 PM

To test it properly you will need to test the voltage with a volt meter. The fridge unscrews at the front and pulls forward. 240v and 12v connections are on the top. You will need to take the vent off at the back to make sure the flu pipe gets connected in properly when you put it back in. I would take it to a dealers if you are unsure of what your doing though

Thank you. Its going to dealer on 7 May. Not tinkering by pulling fridge out as gas pipe is solid and would need to be disconnected first?

Archived