Awning

seadog

Hi guys

Well after our first long weekend trip we have come to the conclusion that the 2 of us and the dog need more space! so the thinking is to have some sort of awning/porch attached to the side of the van when we are on site so the dog can sit in it.

We have a roll out canopy attached to the van but looking for something which is enclosed and relatively easy and quick to erect.

does anyone use something like this? any recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks

We have a Vango Kela Airway standard.and have just completed 340 nights pitched since we bought it last year. It's snug, it's bright, it's versatile, it's wind and rain proof and good as a driveaway. Easy to erect? Average I'd say, but worth the effort. Expensive? £450, but an excellent bit of Kit.

Would your dog like it? Don't know, funny chaps dogs, in my experience. Cheers, Colin.

What about just a cheap, simple/quick to put up "caravan style" porch awning?

Something similar to this:

http://www.awnings.co.uk/sunncamp-swift-220.html

(we used an old Outdoor Revolution Easiporch, which is similar, on our previous CBs..)

..as long as it doesn't require too much "welly" to keep it *tensioned, it could just be slid into the groove in the wind-out(it may need a 4mm-6mm ( ? ) adapter webbing strip & plastic fig of 8 strip though).

(* personally, the least I'd do is wrap a couple of luggage straps around the awning body, to help ease the stress off the closure latches..as I fitted an additional awning rail to our Fiamma).

We do now use a pop up Quechua Base tent/shelter as a storage/cooking tent...but they are quite large to transport, so it's not really the sort of thing you'd want to lug around with you, "just in case".... (lol)

Archived