Ducato van roof wind deflector

hughman

We're just back from a European trip in our Ducato PVC. All fine and dandy except for roof wind noise. We've got the usual Heki front rooflight, plus a solar panel also quite near the front of the roof, so I'm not sure that the standard Heki wind deflector will be wide enough.

Whilst away, we saw a similar van with a full width front roof spoiler, which would be just the thing. I've googled like mad but can't find anything suitable - any suggestions would be very gratefully received :-D

hello again,

Yep, thats the thing, I think I got mine from the same place as well. The wind does,nt get under at high speed and cause vibration. remember to cut it about 2 inches extra at both ends to overhang as is described in the instructions.

norm

I have made a deflector from white plastic as used for trim around windows,i cut v shapes and glued 2 together for extra surface area and rigidity. I stuck them to a flat piece I cut as spoiler, I silicone this to roof, I stuck a plastic back onto the open rear to stop debris accumulating. you could make spoiler any length you wish.The end result looks very neat.

Archived