Bessacarr e510 compact help please

multiplamum

We have spent our first weekend in our new motorhome (and survived!) and have a few questions if someone could help.

Could someone tell me if the black square seal on the mini skylight over the kitchen area should go round the whole light. I assume it should but ours is only round the front half so don't want to try to fix something which isn't broken if ours is in fact correct.

Is it normal for the radio to only work on FM and if not any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Finally the only thing we weren't confident that we were using correctly was the water system. Should we do anything to the pump other than fill the main water tank? We sometimes had a big delay in the pump kicking in when we ran water so that after the initial gush from the tap it stopped running until the pump started - is this normal or did we forget to do something? the pump was also quite noisy when running although this may be normal?

Newbies so would be grateful for any help

Presumably there are no owners of the same mh as us on here at the moment to help with my specific questions but presumably water pumps are the same on which ever vehicle they are used so if anyone could help with my final query i would be grateful.

Do we need to do anything to prepare the water pump other than fill the main water tank? We sometimes had a big delay in the pump kicking in when we ran water so that after the initial gush from the tap it stopped running until the pump started - is this normal or did we forget to do something? The pump was also quite noisy when running although this may also be normal?

The system is described as 'Pressurised fresh water system with self-priming pump'

Hi..

It sounds like the system may have air in it..?

When you fill your water tank, from a drained down state, the system will need priming/bleeding through again, to get rid of the air. Run each tap, inc' shower(and loo flush, if pumped from main tank) in turn, until the water runs smoothly.

(..after a few times you'll find out which order works for best for your van).

IF this doesn't work...and the pump continues to periodically "pulse/hammer", check that the hot water drain valve is seating properly(ours didn't initially, and the pump would keep kicking in to "re-pressurise" the pipelines)..a few repeated opening/closings seemed to sort ours.

Failing that, it(the water)may be syphoning back through the pump, into the tank (and therefore needing to re-prime each time)..?

You'd probably need to post details of your pump for detailed help on that though..

(..although that may not be necessary, as we do have some "Human search engines" on here, who'll probably even be able to tell you what colour cushions you have! (lol) )

Hope that helps.

The black 'draught excluder' doesn't go all the way round on our skylights......i think they are more anti-rattle than anything else.

I agree it sounds like you might have a bit of air in the system. Try running the hot on each tap in turn until it comes through strongly, then do the same with the cold until all air is purged.

I can tell you about the water pump. The pump switches on when it detects a drop in water pressure. ie. turning a tap on. There should be an adjuster screw on the pump. It's an easy job if you know how. The pump should turn off the moment the tap is turned off. If it carries on after turning the tap off adjust the screw. You should also turn the pump off at the panel when your not using the van.

Guest JudgeMental
Is the pump external or internal to the tank? if internal, opening lid and giving it a gentle bash sometimes gets it going....cheque in the post to my favorite charity (moi:-D) if i'm right.

Thanks for all the help.

The pump is a flojet and I think we are doing it right?!

Basically when you switch on the tap you get the initial rush of water and then as the flow drops off the pump kicks in and water starts flowing again. This is the same for all taps, including shower and toilet flush. i assume that the pump only kicks in when water has been run and reduced the pressure? Just wanted to make sure we were doing everything correctly.

Regarding the radio - i am going to have to try to improve the reception somehow (so that I can get Radio Five) and have been reading various other forum entries.

The seal on the roof light seems stupid to me as it rattles where it is loose at the back and I can't see the reason for it not continuing right round the light but if others are the same then I have to assume that is how it was made.

Thanks again for all advice

Thanks for all the help.

The pump is a flojet and I think we are doing it right?!

Basically when you switch on the tap you get the initial rush of water and then as the flow drops off the pump kicks in and water starts flowing again. This is the same for all taps, including shower and toilet flush. i assume that the pump only kicks in when water has been run and reduced the pressure? Just wanted to make sure we were doing everything correctly.

Regarding the radio - i am going to have to try to improve the reception somehow (so that I can get Radio Five) and have been reading various other forum entries.

The seal on the roof light seems stupid to me as it rattles where it is loose at the back and I can't see the reason for it not continuing right round the light but if others are the same then I have to assume that is how it was made.

Thanks again for all advice

Archived