INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER - Time to change?

Clive

I use Plusnet who are very good and £15 / month - see www.plus.net. If you want to combine your telephone though I suggest you try elsewhere as, although Plusnet do do that, I think there are better deals (Talktalk?). Which? recommend Waitrose (more expensive) though Plusnet come up well in their report. If you are going to use Plusnet then don't be afraid of getting me to recommend you as I get a referral fee! Cheeky I know but they are good - honest!

What about the new Carphone Warehouse Service for all phones and broadband? Certainly the cheapest overall and currently massively over-subscribed so there is a waiting period. And they use their own installation in the exchanges rather then p[aying to use BT's. Anyone got any actual experience?

Clive, I read in yesterday's paper that Pipex are expanding - they have just taken over Toucan and Bulldog. Presumably their customer service is therefore currently receiving less management attention. Or it might just be the quality of your local connection.

Or it might mean they have bitten off more than they can chew. The error report always says "The remote computer does not answer" (or something like that). Perhaps they have gone after the business before putting in the infrastructure to support it. But I am paying a premium rate to them, nearly 4 times what they advertise on the TV so expect a premium service. Watching bfief for s couple of months I guess to see if it gets sorted. Thanks Clive

Have been with tiscali for a few years now. Dumped their modem and got zoom ethernet router, since then only time I have had drop-outs was during the bad thunderstorms couple of months back, but ocasionaly the email is slow to access. We are on limit of 512kb, so not much chance of high speed broadband till either a repeater is instaled (not likely for our little village) or some new technology comes round. This is also problem in MK, long lines going around grid system and aliminium lines instead of copper. Have been trying to upgrade to £12.99/month without phone package, this is listed on tiscali site under 'other products' but no luck so far as they want to sell inclusive of phone products

Archived