mobile phone use and top up abroad

aande83

Hi people. I just thought I would pass this on to relieve my stress. I am travelling through Luxembourg at the moment, and wonderful campsites are a plenty. I needed to top up my mobile (O2)because my PAGo was due to expire the next day. Don't say it the wife already has many times. i pressed the shortcut button to connect to O2 no this phone is not allowed (or words to that effect in luxemborgois).I tried the net to see if i could text for a top up and even tried the net but to no avail because i had not registered online with my phone. For those of you who may not realise including myself we cant make our normal calls to the UK any more. We shot across the border to Germany in the vain hope that all would be well since we have used our phones many years before but no not even in Germany would they work!!! Many things change but some not for the better. Having now setted at a camp site in Luxembourg and registered on the net yesterday I have finally been successful in topping up my phone using another credit card (I have previously used by debit card for over a year but it would not accept it) I did inform my bank of all the countries we were travelling through but something has gone wrong between leaving and now!! Having been on the internet (free over here for the most part) I've found out you have to use *111*# then dial! I doubt my ramblings will aid anyone but I feel a lot calmer now even if i can only use texts to keep in touch with people in the uk.

Hi, just returned from France and Spain and used my mobile on o2 to phone uk many times. o2 even sent me a text when I was out of the country to let me know I could use my phone and calls to Europe were 50 pence for 1 hour and the same to receive. My contract is with o2 and I find them very good for the European service. Last year we were in Germany and Switzerland and it was still the same.

Keith

Archived