Baltic Wharf closing

bertieburstner

As well as signing the petition, I did also send an email to the CC(just to voice our disappointment at the possibility of losing a "City" 'site).

I have since had two replies, both from different people (and neither of them a "cut and paste"/auto-reply).

..but they did both confirm that the council has indeed "served notice" on the club(as the location is required for a *school)and that the site will remain open until the end of this year..

They also say that they are keen to "maintain a presence" in Bristol....

(* Ideal spot for school eh?...a busy road one side, a deep water dock, the other... 8-) ).

It's probably all on their forum somewhere...but I'm not on that(..I waste enough time on this bl**dy one! (lol) )

In complete agreement with your views Pepe. This land is worth a lot more for " Waterside Apartment Living" rather than a school.Seems short term gain is once more the only Council criteria.

Looks as though those opposing the Council are getting their act together as following signing their Petition I have received a Questionnaire which is now completed.Good on them for if we do not express our views now sites like Baltic Wharf and Steamer Quay in Totnes will be lost for ever.

The latest from the campaign - please sign if you haven't already and complete the survey

Dear friend of Baltic Wharf Campsite,

Firstly, thank you so much for signing our online petition! We´re making waves in such a short space of time. However, if we´re going to convince Bristol Councillors to listen to us then we need to be able to represent the opinions of as many people as possible. So, would you be kind enough to answer about 5 questions in our little survey please?

Please click here to start the Survey

...or copy this link into your browser: https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_07G0UMqsXilW7tj

B ristol's local elections are taking place on the 22nd of May so the sooner we can get some responses the more pressure we can put on the Council. With just a little more thought we could keep a superb gateway to Bristol open.

Thanks again for your support!

All the best,

Matt & The SaveBristolCampsite Team

savebristolcampsite@outlook.com

www.savebristolcampsite.co m

@SaveBristolCamp

Archived