Help needed - blown TV fuse

gdf

I’ve got an AVTEX W153D 12/240 volt TV in the van which runs from a lead that has a cigarette lighter plug on one end and a circular 4 pin Din? on the other. The van has a cigarette lighter type power socket in the TV cupboard.

This has worked perfectly for years but has suddenly decided to blow the fuse in the cigarette plug end of the lead. Even when the other end is NOT plugged into the TV the fuse blows the moment the lead is plugged into the socket.

My thoughts were a loose lead and therefore a short in the plug but there isn’t one that can be seen.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Thanks Brian

I'd come to the conclusion that the lead must have become damaged. When I put a meter on each pin at the TV end in turn, all 4 pins show no resistance, which I take to mean a circuit, whichever of the two wires out of the other end I use.

Looks like new cable needed.

thanks again

Dave

Hi again. If you have a digital meter set on the resistance range ,and put the probes together ,ie short circuit, the display will show all OOO. If it is a mechanical meter and you put the probes together ,the needle will go full scale deflection, showing short circuit.

Brian B.

Archived