Replacing seat cushions.

Zydeco Joe

Am looking to replace the seat cushions in our AutoTrail Tracker as after 9 years the seat bases look a bit soft and baggy on the outside edges. Am just going to get the foam replaced has any one done this and if so how much etc. Main part of the cushion and the backrest are fine its just the edges facing inward that is the problem cloth is ok.

We had a soggy base cushion on our half dinette, looked online for a quote and it came out at £100-120 so I thought I would do it myself (cost of foam about £45), until I went to a local company to me The Upholstery Shop in Totton Hampshire 02380 660811. Phoned him, took it over the same day and he did it while I waited. It took about 45mins and was £65 with much better foam than was in there before. Very glad I didn't try it myself as for saving £20 on a DIY job, it was fiddly (I could see this starting a turrets episode!!!) and I didn't factor in the spray glue or the fleece wrap.

They did a great job and if you are in the area I would highly recommend.

Mark.

mildi - 2014-04-29 11:25 AM

We had a soggy base cushion on our half dinette, looked online for a quote and it came out at £100-120 so I thought I would do it myself (cost of foam about £45), until I went to a local company to me The Upholstery Shop in Totton Hampshire 02380 660811. Phoned him, took it over the same day and he did it while I waited. It took about 45mins and was £65 with much better foam than was in there before. Very glad I didn't try it myself as for saving £20 on a DIY job, it was fiddly (I could see this starting a turrets episode!!!) and I didn't factor in the spray glue or the fleece wrap.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

What is a "Fleece Wrap" ?.

Is this put around the foam inside the outer cover.

Zydeco Joe - 2014-04-29 2:17 PM

mildi - 2014-04-29 11:25 AM

Mark.

Hi Mark,

What is a "Fleece Wrap" ?.

Is this put around the foam inside the outer cover.

Yes, goes around the foam, maybe not the correct term who knows, they also put the four buttons back through.

Guest pelmetman

Foam seating can be made up using a composite of different foam to achieve a certain firmness........ eg a core of crumb foam sandwiched with a softer foam, this is covered in a polyester wadding fleece, then wrapped with stockinette to prevent the wadding from tearing, and make putting the cover on easier ;-)...........

All foams now days will be fire retardant..............

Any local upholster should be able to replace your foam............

http://www.upholsterers.co.uk/find-your-nearest-amusf-upholsterer/

Archived