Bailey Alu-Tech. Nut tightening myths

LordThornber

I thought it prudent to seek information from the manufacturer regarding what I'd read on here, namely, that the alu-tech element of the van requires its nuts and bits tightening regularly.

Further to that, that I have to pay for it, so effectively paying for my own warranty, comedians was the word to describe the manufacturer.

I thought it odd it wasn't mentioned at the time of ordering, well of course there's a good reason to not mention it, it doesn't exist.

As ever, the facts are indeed just that. The facts.

New Bailey motorhomes require nothing more than a standard hab and damp check whilst in warranty.

I have the email from Bailey to evidence as such.

Original Bailey alu tech CARAVANS needed a tightening session, but that's all changed and not relevant to me anyway.

Keyboard warriors, please, be responsible eh?

Martyn

Guest pelmetman

Curious that the caravans did need tightening and now don't :-S................

Maybe they've super glued their nuts :D

As a Bailey owner I can confirm that the Alu-Tech nuts were listed as requiring a regular check when this new technology was introduced.

Considering it was new technology, this seemed sensible prudence.

Bailey initially offered at point of sale a warranty for about £600 that covered the specific bolt tightening checks for many years.

When after a few years these checks proved that the factory settings were fine - I believe Bailey issued refunds.

Hi Martyn

Made a few enqs : the MO is most interesting and has been used by a company manufacturing and exporting buses world wide. There is no revisiting of nuts to re torque them and the problems of introducing different metals/alloys is history too!

The negative comments re the use of aluminium are inaccurate and like the extensive use of wood outmoded; the association with condensation has also been dealt with!

Enjoy your modern Motorhome.

Just to confirm Clive, (not for you, for the less informed), that was for a caravan, not a motorhome, as they did not build motorhomes when the alu tech technology was introduced.

Frank, thanks for your information and good wishes. Not for a moment do I think it will be perfect, what is?

Martyn

Archived