CliveH

Oh My God!

Effects of climate change on Tempranillo grape wines studied

Date:

April 30, 2014

Source:

Basque Research

Summary:

Climate change is set to affect the quality of the wines of the Tempranillo grape variety, according to the conclusions of new research. Scientists have studied the behavior of the vines in conditions of climate change, finding that higher temperatures increased the presence of CO2 and greater environmental aridity. This results in grapes with lower anthocyanin content, which leads to wines with less color and therefore lower quality.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140430082856.htm

OK! - I am now an Alarmist 8-)

Something must be done!!!

B-)

Disaster ! Make some nice wines up ere in pits , holmfirth the village last of the summer wine was set in has a large vineyard with I am told pretty decent wine , must be all the industrial smog or Sumat

What's happened to your thread on the t'other side Clive , have those sensitive MM types snitched on ya again ?

I bet frank has a vineyard somewhere tucked in a corner of his estate

Happy to see it go - both of them.

You cannot win when you have a Troll making things up about you (I do not have a pot to piss in according to HE - a bizarre and totally untrue accusation considering my actual financial position - but of course it is not an accusation that any sensible person would want to refute in detail for obvious reasons) and of course my posting financial bits was like a red rag to a bull - attacking me for simply being what I am and posting info that may actually help someone.

Thankfully the support of many on here almost makes the umbuggerence of it all worth it.

But I really do hate to say it because the lack of overt "moderation" is one of the attractions of this Forum - but I do now feel that the sort of personal attacks (and my response of course) requires more oversight from the mods.

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-05-01 2:21 PM

Disaster ! Make some nice wines up ere in pits , holmfirth the village last of the summer wine was set in has a large vineyard with I am told pretty decent wine , must be all the industrial smog or Sumat

What's happened to your thread on the t'other side Clive , have those sensitive MM types snitched on ya again ?

I bet frank has a vineyard somewhere tucked in a corner of his estate

Is it true Antony?.............. that Bacchus left his love child White Lightning in Uddersfield?? 8-)...................

Hence,................ that's why it's known amongst us down and outs as the "Nipple of the North" :D..........

If true I should think you ought to petition the local council for funding for a museum ;-)............

As I'm wondering who to leave my collection of park benches to :-S.................although technically they're not mine :D..............

Archived