Anybody got any ebay knowledge?

Pampam

I have just bought some items this week on ebay on my granddaughters account and a couple of items now show a sign "payment pending" although previous items have all been paid with no problem at all does annyone know what this means ? Pp:)

I THINK it means that while E-bay have taken the money from you, they are not passing it on to the vendor straight away. Instead, they are waiting to make sure that you are satisfied with the transaction. Again, I THINK this is what happens with vendors new to E-bay, I seem to remember it is what happened when I first sold something.

Guest pelmetman
I've had this Pam on occasion, and what I've bought has arrived ;-)...............although I've never spent more than a 100 quid :-| ...................Its still white mans magic to my mind, so any mega purchase would require a visit to ensure the seller and the item for sale existed ;-)...................

• 2 weeks later...
Have still got payment pending on some items from 1st of may if ebay do this £50 to their customers worldwide am sure they could be getting a few quid in interest cos it would amount to a large amount of money passing thru their account and staying for a fortnight eh??pp)

ebay/paypal now operate a system whereby you only pay on receipt of the goods. Typically they take payment from you about 14 days after you buy the item.

If you don't want to do this then when you get to the payment page on paypal it will say 'pay after delivery' with an option to change to immediate payment from either your paypal balance or debitcard/bank account.

donna miller - 2014-05-12 6:09 PM

ebay/paypal now operate a system whereby you only pay on receipt of the goods. Typically they take payment from you about 14 days after you buy the item.

If you don't want to do this then when you get to the payment page on paypal it will say 'pay after delivery' with an option to change to immediate payment from either your paypal balance or debitcard/bank account.

I assume that's just for business sellers Donna and not private sellers?

Archived