Paint Protection Film

hymernova1

Hi

I am interested in having this applied to the front of my van. I have had a quote from Paintguard to do the front of van for approx £275. I am also waiting for a quote from Paintshield. It is supposed to stop chips etc. Apparently they come to your residence and apply the film on site.

I am not sure if this would be a cheaper option than having the front of the bonnet resprayed when necessary!!!

Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

John

If you really feel the need to protect what is already a painted protective surface on bare steel then you should choose a leather covering. The right shaped stone will chip anything bar a covering like leather.

Leather coverings have been popular in the past but remember a bonnet construction is designed in conjunction with the movement of airflow and economic running of an engine.

I suggest the lack of replies is your answer. Save your money and spend it on something more useful !

Will85 - 2014-05-02 4:37 PM

If you really feel the need to protect what is already a painted protective surface on bare steel then you should choose a leather covering. The right shaped stone will chip anything bar a covering like leather.

Leather coverings have been popular in the past but remember a bonnet construction is designed in conjunction with the movement of airflow and economic running of an engine.

I suggest the lack of replies is your answer. Save your money and spend it on something more useful !

BIB......such as keeping any stone chip marks (assuming it's gone down to bare metal) covered with a simple dab of paint, then if really necessary, spending out on a bonnet respray when looking to sell your van.

My camper got side-swiped while parked 4 years ago. While it was being fixed I took the opportunity to get the front and one wing resprayed to get rid of paint chips. Cost me £270. The camper was 10 years old at the time.

I suspect the respray was better value than having a paint treatment applied.

Peter

Archived