Omni directional aerials

mikeyb

Hello folks.I know the pros and cons of these type of aerials,have used a Status with reasonable success, but what I would like to know is if anyone has any experience of the Maxview Gazelle. It's quite compact, and looks to be a nice piece of kit. But is it any good? Thanks.

Hi mike, The Maxview Gazelle and other omni-directional aerials are a good general purpose aerial, in some situations the omni-directional capabilities tend to interfere with reception of lower power signals and the higher power signals will swamp the other channels. I use a free standing Multimo dish with satellite receiver when in UK and Europe, and a free standing Magic circle active aerial for terrestial stations analogue and DVB. I have found recently, when the analogue stations are too weak to receive, the terrestial stations on DVB work really well on the same locations which were okay before. I wonder whether the BBC are now reducing the strength of analogue signals and boosting the terrestial DVB output. Regards Terry

Archived