12 LCD TV with DVD etc for Camping

dipsticks

Might be of use to someone looking for a 12v TV.

We just bought one of these from Aldi.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/monday-21st-april/product-detail/ps/p/215-led-tv-and-dvd-combi-medion-life-e12009-md-212/

They are sure to be round again shortly (twice in the last month or so) not clearly advertised as 12v but has a separate power supply for mains which gave me the impression they would be 12v. I was attracted by the features and the 3 year warranty.

It works a treat in our camper van, like being in a cinema, fantastic picture, viewing angle, sound etc, you just need to get a 12v lead with a 2.1/5.5mm connector.

paid almost same price for my cello 19" ..not bad TV but its made drawback is it needs mains to supply the 12 volt power Adaptor so no good for wild camping, Aries etc unless you want to use an inverter which can draw 30amps off your Leisure Battery, :-(

mentaliss - 2014-05-08 11:32 AM

paid almost same price for my cello 19" ..not bad TV but its made drawback is it needs mains to supply the 12 volt power Adaptor so no good for wild camping, Aries etc unless you want to use an inverter which can draw 30amps off your Leisure Battery, :-(

Why would you need an inverter, The 12v power Adaptor can be done away with and just get a cig, adaptor lead and plug it straight into the tellys 12v socket.

My Cello Traveller came with a mains adaptor and a cig lighter lead.

Brian

Archived