Billy Connolly - sad and happy at the same time

Mel B

I recorded Billy's new 2 part documentary "Big Send off" on the rituals, funerals and different attitudes to death and started to watch it yesterday evening and was shocked to see how 'old' he is looking, not his grey/white hair etc, but his physical stance etc. In the programme he then said that he had been diagnosed with Parkinsons and prostate cancer! 8-)

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2014/apr/29/billy-connolly-cancer-parkinsons-diagnosis-same-day

Up until then I hadn't known and I must admit I was extremely saddened by this news as he's my favourite comedian and a nice bloke generally IMV. I note that he's been given the all clear regarding his cancer but obviously the Parkinsons can only be 'managed' and not cured.

On a lighter note, I bet he's used this as a joke and has had fun saying the reason he's got Parkinsons is because he's done so many bl**dy interviews with him!!!! (lol)

Whilst it's lovely to see him on TV again its also very sad too. :-(

Met him in his early singing days at Aviemore. Very funny man and an excellent actor who has matured well over the year's He maybe knew part of his future going by the attached very funny sketch which I am sure many of us have had to endure.

Archived