whale fresh water connection

atom13

I recently bought a 2010 elddis autoquest which has a clip in connector to the fresh water inlet. The rate of flow seems to be painfully slow. When I push in the valve in the connector, water freely gushes out.

Has anyone else experienced this or is this normal for this means of filling the tank?

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the useless Whale systems on motorhomes, the Whale filling on my Auto Sleeper was painfully slow there's a small filter in the internal unit which easily gets clogged up and impedes the water flow.

On the autosleeper there is an inline shut off valve on the inside behind the filling point which closes off once the tank is full when a signal is sent from the tank sensor through the control panel . This unit has threaded connection top and bottom when undone the filter is inside the water in side or the top.  I no longer have the autosleeper , so cannot show a photograph and also do not know if your make of motorhome has the same fittings . I hope this helps. When using the electric lift pump filling from a bucket it used to take more than 2 minutes to lift 10 ltrs which was painfully slow. 

Archived