Unexpected respite break, help needed on where to go?

LucyCaitlynW

Hi,

I'm a carer for my Brother in law who has dementia,

his sister is going to be in UK from NZ and has told me

I can go away 16th ~26th June and she'll take care of him 8-)

I'm taking her at her word (he'll be ok as other help will be there too).

I'm a disabled widow (living the dream for us both) and need to have

EHU for my wheelchair, I've been to Moreton in Dorset but would like to try somewhere new.

I'm a member of C&CC but can't tell from site info if a site is easily accessible to town/village

or rail station to somewhere interesting.

My journey to Dorset takes me 6~6.5 hours (should take 3 hours 20 mins according to RAC.

Anyone know of somewhere I could enjoy my break within described parameters?

Thanks in anticipation Lucy

I understand the Oxford c&cc site has a good bus service from just outside the main entrance, and would think Oxford may be an interesting place to visit if that's any help?

Norwich c&cc has a nice quiet walkway (old railway route) into the city, again a nice place to sightsee, don't know how mobile you are?

Hi Lucy -

I suggest the Caravan Club site at Ferry Meadows, near Peterborough. Site is level & only 2 minutes from visitor centre. Large area around lakes with wheelchair accessible pathways, easy access to centre of Peterborough on cycle track. Nene Valley railway station 5 minutes from site (not sure if that is wheelchair accessible) http://www.neneparktrust.org.uk/

My wife is a wheelchair user & we often use a Wheelchair Accessible Taxi, on sites that are further from town or city centres.

Sorry, I not a member so I can't advise on any C&CC sites.

Peterborough is surprisingly good, the market square and cathedral are excellent examples of small city environs, I went last month and had the cathedral choir singing evensong with me the only audience. Some proper local shops as well.

Archived