Swift Royale weight

DAZID1

Hi everyone new to this forum I have a question regarding an uprate to 3500 on my 1997 Royale 590.

My van is plated at 3200kg and weighs in at nearly 3100 completely empty with a full fuel tank and a full gas bottle.

At first I thought that the swift plate was a mistake but am led to believe that this is correct for this vehicle. Has anyone any experience of uprating to 3500kg on this vehicle.

DAZ

....the Royale 590 Ensign of slightly later than this date was upgraded at the factory to 3400kg. (I had two T-reg ones - don't ask why!)

Swift used to put the additional plate in the (passenger's, I think) footwell, though they omitted to affix one at the factory from time-to-time, and posted them out afterwards.

If your vehicle has "Camping" tyres, it may well have been shipped in 3400kg form. It will be worthwhile looking around the vehicle for a separate, Swift, plate, and it might make sense to inquire of the factory what state it was shipped in.

Thanks for the reply, the swift plate is under the bonnet and says the same weight, Handbook says 2467kg unladen, I don't see this as being possible as I weigh in at 2930kg Just me and nothing else no clothes food or anything else as I emptied it all out for the winter, add my wife and gran child and its going to be over, I know its unlikely that I would be stopped but thats not the point is it.

I have just mailed SVTEC withe the query and will wait to see what they say

Archived